Digi-boil.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think of it like a business, what would you spend over 10 years on buying booze, verses how much you will save by making your own.
For me it was a no-brainer, lets say 1 carton a week @ $55 x 52=$2,860/year x 10 years = $28,600
Lets say it costs about $8 per carton to make our own, $8 x 52 = $416/year x 10 years = $4,160
So, $28,600 - $4,160 = $24,440
Now if you spend say $4,440 on hardware, for that small investment and a bit of enjoyable time brewing it, you will save about $20,000 in that 10 years and have wonderful all natural beer to drink, enjoy and share with friends!
How can you NOT do it! It's a good investment.:cheers::drinkingbeer:

Last edited:
When I am dead and buried, I hope they sell my guns, fishing gear, and brewery equipment for what they are worth.

Not for what I told the mrs I paid for them.

When I am dead and buried, I hope they sell my guns, fishing gear, and brewery equipment for what they are worth.

Not for what I told the mrs I paid for them.
Fishing/diving another two of my expensive hobbies! I live on the beach basically so also two other good investments. Never need to shop for seafood.
I'll be doing some more research over the next few days, feel free to post about your experiences with digiboil/guten/ brewzilla.
Cheers lads!

Outdoor LP stove included in costing, indoor gas cookstove not included, kettle/mash tun, bags, no cooling coils, old fridge, crude temp control, and miscellaneous cheap items. Against commercial pale ales, IPAs and brown ales, and after >100 batches it does save money, with fuel costs, sanitisers, caps, and everything else figured in. I'm not counting the computer I use to calculate water temps, etc. Actual pic of me at work:

1602892579120.png

If I figure in my own labor at hourly rates that would violate laws in third-world countries, the costs soar.

Back