Dieu Du Ciel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will88

Reaction score
As many of us know the imports of Unibroue beers have ceased for the forseeable future which obviouosly leaves a terrible void in certain bottle shops when it comes to tasty French-Canadian beers.

Nectar in Brissie recently held a tasting night to introduce another Canadian brewery that the importers of Unibroue beers have selected to fill that void.

http://micro.dieuduciel.com/en/beers.php

So far I've had a chance to taste:

Aphrodisiaque (Aphrodisiac)

Corne du diable (Horn of the Devil)

Dernire Volont (Last will)

Pch Mortel (Mortal Sin)

Rose d'hibiscus (Pinkish Hibiscus)

Route des pices (Spice route)

These guys definitely make some interesting beers, the Aphrodisiac being a very smooth vanilla/cocoa stout and probably my pick so far. So has anyone else encountered these beers before/have any recommendations on their other drops?

As many of us know the imports of Unibroue beers have ceased for the forseeable future which obviouosly leaves a terrible void in certain bottle shops when it comes to tasty French-Canadian beers.

Nectar in Brissie recently held a tasting night to introduce another Canadian brewery that the importers of Unibroue beers have selected to fill that void.

http://micro.dieuduciel.com/en/beers.php

So far I've had a chance to taste:

Aphrodisiaque (Aphrodisiac)

Corne du diable (Horn of the Devil)

Dernire Volont (Last will)

Pch Mortel (Mortal Sin)

Rose d'hibiscus (Pinkish Hibiscus)

Route des pices (Spice route)

These guys definitely make some interesting beers, the Aphrodisiac being a very smooth vanilla/cocoa stout and probably my pick so far. So has anyone else encountered these beers before/have any recommendations on their other drops?
Indeed a serious micro in Quebec, in my opinion better than unibroue. My top pick of all of their beers is the peche mortal. Coffee RIS that is integrated beautifully.
They also do a Belgian quad that is really good if you can get it, although I haven't had it since a trip back in 2004, but from memory it will blow you away.
Tried a few others recently with big expectations on the peppercorn Rye, but didn't quite hit the idea I had in my head of what this would be. an interesting beer nonetheless.

Had this one tonight

20052010(002).jpg

Oh yeah, she's a beauty. Black, rich, strong and bitter, just how I like both my beers and my women.

And yep, that's my first piss poor attempt as stromboli in in the background :)

I'm drinking the Aphrodisiaque right now. A beauty of a stout, with a bitter chocolatey taste. Very nicely balanced. Perfect for a cool Melbourne Sunday night. The other half thinks it's a cracker as well!

I picked it up at Prince Wine Store in the Clarendon Centre South Melbourne. They have about 4 of the Dieu Du Ciels there from memory.

Highly recommended.

Latest posts

Back