Dieman 540g Co2 Cylinder Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iralosavic

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one, as they can be had for $65 and the way my finances are going if I wait until I can afford a 2+kg one, I'll be waiting way too long.

I figure I can always get a larger cylinder later down the track and keep the little one as a back-up to last until I can get it refilled anyway, so no huge waste.

Just wondering if anyone knows

1. How many litres of beer 540g will be able to force carbonate AND serve
2. How much beer it will serve (if carbonated prior to being hooked up)
3. How much a typical refill will cost for this volume (I was considering sodastream until I found these and SS refills are ridiculously overpriced).

Cheers

I have a paintball tank that I use to carb and dispense, which is also 540gm

I get about 5 kegs carbed and dispensed.
i suspect that it would be double that if you are dispensing only

I can't help you with the refill cost, but my tank is exchanged for $15 from memory

My first of these tanks that I used to figure out carbing levels and force carbing etc gave me 3X carb + dispense. Would've been more if I hadn't overcarbed and needed to vent etc.

Have a look on my website qldkev.net
Under homebrew, calculators, CO2 calc you can plug in any sized keg and any sized CO2 bottle

Using 540g, a 19L keg, and 2.4 vol carb level

Carb and Dispense 4.2 kegs
or Carb only 5.9 kegs
or Dispense only 14.2 kegs

edit: These numbers assume no wastage, but there should be very minimal wastage unless you are using CO2 to push beer through a filter etc.

edit2: My LHBS charges a bit over $10 a kilo for refills, but I've never taken a small bottle there.

QldKev

Thanks a lot, all. Very helpful - and handy calculator Kev. Didn't notice it last time I was at your site. Bumped into it on my quest to better understand water chemistry. I've got it bookmarked, but my iPhone can't navigate the drop down menus when there is more than one level. Cheers

I also have a 540gm Diemen cylinder, for exactly the same reasons.

It has carbed & dispensed 3 19L kegs & ran out on Saturday. I admit to a fair bit of wastage though.

Has anyone had these refilled from a LHBS??

My kegs on legs place (scuba shop) charged 29 bux. Bit of a rip off. I'll try the lhbs next time but like most things in cairns, there is a penalty for actually living here.

Qldkevs sums are on the money. I started with one of these and they are a handy little bottle.
IMG_0506.JPG

Thanks to this thread I have got one coming. $50.00 ebay :) and 15 postage.

So, on the Gold Coast, where to refill? Anyone here do it?

Back