Did I Pay Too Much & Are These Regs Ok?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi All,

I grabbed this equipment the other day. As I had only just started looking into a keg system I dont really know the prices etc but this seemed like a bargain to me. Did I do OK? - I paid $450 for
2X Kegs
2X Regs
2X Couplings
Temprite
1X spare Tap
Lots of disconnects and T piece

Secondly looking at the regs, I assume the single is no good for a keg setup. Does the double look about right?

Cheers BDB

Temprite.jpg

Looks like a pretty good score to me. Welcome to kegging ;)

Assuming the temprite, kegs and regs are in working order it sounds like a reasonable price to me.
Good score.

Doc

That last reg especially looks like it needs a good clean, operational or not. I'd look at pulling it apart (I've never done it so don't know how hard it is) and clean it thoroughly. Just remember that a dirty reg or dirty gas lines can blow contaminants though into your kegged beer so you want them spotless.

Also worth replacing all the beer and gas lines with brand new BEVA tubing.

Cheers, Justin

if it all works - very good score - single reg looks a bit dodgy.
Where did u get it all from.

If it is ball lock kegs - even better - pin lock are being phased out and harder to get.

I can help you out on new beer and gas line.

Just unscrew all the connections on the reg and get them acid dipped or something. umm whats that Rust stuff on TV.. NO Rust???

Nice work, the commercial fittings etc. are really quite expensive.

The tap shanks alone with the snaplok fitting are worth about $40 (new that is), but still, considering what you paid all up its not too bad..

:)

Latest posts

Back