Did I ask for the wrong thing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggs

Reaction score
First time swapping my CO2 out, called LHBS and got quotes $200+ for a 2.3lt swap and go. Read on here to expect $50 or so?

What gives? Who should I call for gas in Brissy Northside?

When you say swapping it out, you mean just picking up a full bottle of the same size in exchange for your empty one right?

Fills should be right around $50. Maybe they thought you were after a brand new bottle, not a swap?

Yup exactly. Walk in with empty bottle walk out with full one. Mustnt have been clear.

I do a swap at Keg King for approx $25

beaten by Rob by seconds.

should not cost more than $30 dude.

$50???

More like $25, it's usually around $10/kg.

There's a BOP mob on the virginia/boondal border, the brew den I think they call themselves after taking over the old one. Turn off Sandgate road at the hertz car rental, then 150m on your left.

Bring frozen bottle and get filled on the spot or leave in their freezer and pick up another day.

Edit: it's a slow typing night, beaten by miles.

Cheers guys. 2.3lt bottle as far as I can tell.

Can only fill completely when frozen, if you fill warm you won't get it full.

Aha! Thanks again for the help guys.

Brewers Choice at Kedron fill a 2.3kg for twenty something dollars - 1 week turnaround though. They don't swap the small tanks.

$200 would be for a new 2.3kg pre-filled i'd imagine

slcmorro said:
My 6.5kg is $50. Makes sense!
Doesn't make any sense when you say a fill should be right around $50 after the op stated that he has a 2.3lt bottle (by which he obviously means 2.3kg)

Danscraftbeer said:
In comparison I have a 10kg. Swap is ~$48. Annual rental is ~$160. Through BOC.
I rented a 10kg (VT size) through CIG/BOC for nearly 20 years. When I first got it, rental was about $40 per year. By the time I decided to get rid of it and buy my own 2.6kg, they were charging around $170 a year.
I naturally carbonate all of my kegs, so the 10 kg would last about 3 years just to dispense the beer. I think a refill was about $50-60 and rental was over $500 for 3 years. Was a no-brainer to stop renting and buy a bottle, even though you pay more for the gas.

Latest posts

Back