Dial thermometers.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
I need a dial thermometer to finish my counter flow chiller build. I'm just wondering what experience other people have had with them. Are more expensive ones better or are they all pretty much the same? I'd link to some but I'm on my iPad.
Clever brewing has a pretty good range but GnG has %20 off this week and it's my local. They have 2 different types with 2 different probes/fittings. Should I spend more or go for a cheaper one?

FWIW I have really liked the Mashmaster ones. They're a solid bit of kit. I've used the Mashmaster, Keg King and the non-branded ones from G&G. The MM ones seem to hold calibration longer IIRC. Been a long time since I've used the others. Purely personal impressions. Once they're calibrated they all give correct readings.

Last edited:
Contact them. They may be arriving soon. That's what happened when I wanted a mill and they were sold out. They were due in a week or so.

I contacted MM and they are phasing out their other lines to concentrate on the mills :( Ill pop in to GnG after work.

Get a decent one.
I have owned cheap and decent and you do get what you pay for. I would have saved money if I'd bought the decent one straight off the bat (admittedly it was cash flow, not tight arsedness at the time but if you have the choice...........)

Get a decent one.
The better one from GnG sounds good. Its made by Tel-Tru and "you dont have to tap the dial with your finger as much". Not tapping as much sounds like quality [emoji1] .

I had a look at the Blichmann one but i think its made for kettles.

Back