Dexion Angle... Some Cautions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ces

Reaction score
hey guys,

i know alot of people have built one tier, two tier and even three tier 3v systems (pumps, as well as gravity fed), using new and used dexion slotted angle. my advice for people considering using angle for gravity fed designs that feature shelves coming off a central pillar... a la # 187 [topic="0"]http://www.brewzilla.nl/brewhalla.htm[/topic] (i'm hoping i just inserted a link)...

DO NOT DO IT!!!

the required vertical height, even with the most squat vessels needed for a single AG batch, makes for a lot of extra grinding, cutting, bracing (and possibly drilling) in order to eliminate the flex associated with long (around 1.8 m) lengths of shelving angle.

if you were planning to produce this sort of brew frame from the 'metal mate' angle availale from the big green shed... re-design your brewery. it just wont be strong enough (without alot of modification and deviation from the 'bolt together' path) to hold a keg/pot HLT 2 metres in the air.

i will post picture\s when the frame is done... and, for those who want to build their brewery to this sort of design, i will report how much this has cost ($ and time), compared to sucking it up and having it welded together.

thanks guys

edit: this is obviously most relevant to gravity fed sytems

Link points here > Brewhalla
M

yep. so i managed to figured that out... so i'm not talking about brew rigs built exactly like #187, just frames attempting to emulate that configuration

Latest posts

Back