Designing Great Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozbrewer

im ozzing flab
Reaction score
Hi im looking for a copy of Ray Daniels Designing Great Beers

Does anyone have a copy that they want to sell?

Check out Grain and Grape in Melbourne, they have it listed on their website as well as many other excellent books.

Not sure who else in Austalia sells it.

The links page includes some of the local suppliers of brewgear, maybe that will help you.

It is certainly a great book to read and deserves a place on any advanced brewer's shelf. Keep in mind that it is written by an American for the American brewer, and many of the ingredients are not appropriate for the Australian brewer. For example, we get European hops, NZ hops and American hops in Australia, and the range gives us a different angle on brewing.

I'd also try contacting a bookstore like Borders to see if they can get it in for you. I mention Borders because I've often found they have quite a large range, and the one here in Adelaide does have a small selection of brewing literature.

thanks guys but im actually tring to find a second hand copy to save $$$

HBS want way to much for them

Kai said:
I'd also try contacting a bookstore like Borders to see if they can get it in for you. I mention Borders because I've often found they have quite a large range, and the one here in Adelaide does have a small selection of brewing literature.
[post="56639"][/post]​

Not affiliated in anyway etc, etc............

But if you are looking for decent new brewing books in Rundle Mall in Adelaide, much better to try Dymocks - in the last year I have found, Radical Brewing, New Brewwing Lager, Farmhouse Ales, Dave Line's Big Book of Brewing and more there. Either they have a home brewer on staff, or my dollar is very influential :)

ozbrewer said:
thanks guys but im actually tring to find a second hand copy to save $$$

HBS want way to much for them
[post="56667"][/post]​

You'd be lucky to find it second hand in Australia. But you never know. If you order from the States, by the time you pay for postage you may as well have purchased it here, unless you order a few from Amazon, then it may work out cheaper.
Good luck.

cheers
johnno

Ozbrewer,
DGB is a good book and will provide years of interesting reading and useful information.
It covers most styles (although some briefly).
If you don't find a cheap copy, fork out the dollars. You won't regret it.
beers
Darren

I did once own a copy of DGB, but unfortunatly i had to leave it behind when i moved

Back