Delayed Bottling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaseH

Reaction score
I've got an extract Fat Yak clone in the fermentor, its been in there for 11 days and has just about reached FG(was a couple of points off when I checked yesterday). I intended to leave it an extra week after FG and then cold crash for a couple of days but I am heading away to NZ for 10 days mid next week. I dont intend to bottle until I get back.

I'm not sure if I should drop the temp in my fermentation fridge before I leave and let it CC for the 10 days or if I should leave it at fermention temps (currently 18c with a temp controller) and cold crash when I get back?

I've got an extract Fat Yak clone in the fermentor, its been in there for 11 days and has just about reached FG(was a couple of points off when I checked yesterday). I intended to leave it an extra week after FG and then cold crash for a couple of days but I am heading away to NZ for 10 days mid next week. I dont intend to bottle until I get back.

I'm not sure if I should drop the temp in my fermentation fridge before I leave and let it CC for the 10 days or if I should leave it at fermention temps (currently 18c with a temp controller) and cold crash when I get back?

Id go for after ya get back, let it finish, she'll be right.

Edit: i wouldnt worry about 21days on the trub, but could dry hop and rack it to a secondary if ya wanted with no harm.. Each way.. Its gunna be sweet

Sweet, I was leaning towards CC'ing when I get back. I've already dry hopped it in the fermenter about 6 days in.

It may be wise to get it off the hop bed/trub and CC in another vessel. I have had some dry hops go a little grassy on me after a week or so... hard to put a time on it before it goes from good to bad, I normally just taste and use instinct. Hard to do that if your not around.

If you want to err on the side of caution, rack it off and CC in another vessel. You can always add more dry hops if needed later

Back