Deja Vu Bar (525 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Krout

Reaction score
The Biero name might be gone, but the place has reopened as the Dejavu Bar.
I went there on Saturday night, before the Dons/North game.
The place is exactly the same. 12 taps of craft brew, 10 beer vaults full of beer.
The fantastic wednesday $6 pint night is still on and the $5 cover charge has been removed.
http://dejavubar.com.au

Talked to the bar guy and he said. The only things changed is the owners.
The sold up and decided to take the name with them.
Staff, Cook and love of craft beer are all staying the same.

Cheers
BK

Great news, but it didn't help a thirsty me when I was walking the streets of Melbourne in January.

Being a Wednsday night and all (and since we had dinner just around the corner) I couldn't help but stop in.
The place looks identical to how it used to under its old name, and tonight's beer list was very much one for the hop-heads:
dejavu2.jpg

SWEET! Will be organising another work function there again this year.

I am going there next Wednesday with mates should be good! 6 buck pints yeah!

By the looks of their website it doesn't seem so

I had a look on the website as well. Does not say they do, BUT sent them a message and................. she's still a goer!

That place is dead lately. The crowd is much older and less people are going. Can't figure out why.

Visiting from out of town, Wed night $6 specials going strong. Amazing tap selection backed up ten fold by bottles in the fridge. Small quality pub menu from kitchen. AHB's own OscarMan behind the bar (chance meet) giving very astute and passionate advice on the best tipples.

Great night. Thank you.

Acasta said:
That place is dead lately. The crowd is much older and less people are going. Can't figure out why.
CONSTANT Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Puts me off my beer, it does.

No. That is not all.

He's also a really ordinary musician.

I'd rather Foo Fighters than top 40 shit.

Just put the radio on Gold and be done with it. Not like any craft beer bars are going to play the kind of metal I like etc.

bum said:
No. That is not all.

He's also a really ordinary musician.
Does this forum have an ignore user function?

Yep.

The guy asked for a reason why people might be staying away. I gave the most obvious - the atmosphere in there is shithouse these days. The staff are fine. Decore has not changed. If the beers have changed it might only be for the better. Why aren't people going? I can't speak for anyone else but I have definitely left for another venue because entire albums by the above mentioned bands have been left to play in their entirety.

Khellendros13 said:
I'd rather Foo Fighters than top 40 shit.
I'd rather have a Granny Smith than an apple.

Latest posts

Back