Dedicated Braumeister Guide, Problems & Solution Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to be in the market for the new controller and have a perfectly good old controller, so may be a swap is in order (plus cash). How much cash do you want on top of the swap?
PM me, how old is your control box? I'm looking at possible compatibility issues. The temperature probe has a different plug and needs changing with the new box, so a new silicon seal will be required otherwise, mine just plugged in.
My BM 50 dates from March 2010.

Okay, I am slack
Please dont be it will cost you $$, with my old engineering hat on (retired and loving it) opening and cleaning the pump imo is essential after every brew - the balance holes in the impeller must be kept clean these are hydraulic balance holes (not dynamic) they allow the impeller to float in the mag drive pump if there're clogged the impeller will rub at the rear, wear out quickly reduce the pumps (limited) efficiency and importantly reduce your brewing efficiency / taste...... its easy to do, flip the machine after cleaning to dry, spin off the motor, simples. I filter, to start its a pita, then its just habit! easy.....

Pushing a hose onto the tap, the nozzle went up. Push it back down but tap not working now. Will have a good look at it over weekend, post pictures if I can't fix.
The nylon insert has been dislodged
remove the tap and look into the delivery end to see if the holes line up

The nylon insert in mine shifted and the flow became little more than a trickle. It was a real pain in the arse when it happened.
Motivated me to change to a 3 piece ball valve, haven't looked back.

Crap, I was refering to the O rings replacement. Never thought the Nylon sleve would shift, but I'd imagine it'd be a ball ache trying to move back into place.

Crap, I was refering to the O rings replacement. Never thought the Nylon sleve would shift, but I'd imagine it'd be a ball ache trying to move back into place.

Vice, rubber mallet and a bit of patience.
I had a tap that leaked below 30C (?) And they sent me a new plastic sleeve rather than a new tap, if you have a vice then it isn't that hard to swap it; the tolerances for it working properly must be fairly tight.

Take care. I don't know if all taps are the same but the insert in my 2013 vintage tap has a hole on either side but one is slightly smaller.
good to check BEFORE mash/boil.

The nylon insert in mine shifted and the flow became little more than a trickle. It was a real pain in the arse when it happened.
Motivated me to change to a 3 piece ball valve, haven't looked back.

Was that an easy removal / replacement? Where did you source the new valve from?

Piece of cake to do, just need a couple if shifters to do the job.

I bought mine from Craftbrewer, but their website shows they're currently out of stock, as is Grain and Grape, so you might have to hunt around.

You'll need the 3 piece ball valve, an adapter to mount the ball valve to the Braumeister and a hose barb. Use some heavy duty thread tape (grey) also.

Has anyone upgraded their older 50 l control box and still have their old control box in working order? I am interested in replacing my new and upgraded replacement. It has too many bells and whistles for me, and it the face gets fogged up.
Otherwise, I will have to get my old box repaired, the pumps switch gave up the ghost.

I’m thinking of buying the new controller for my Bm50 want to sort out a trade?

I am still trying to sort out getting my old control box repaired so as to give me an idea what I would need $ to swap with some one here. My new control box does not have the wifi adapter.

I can not remember exactly, I spoke with G & G by phone and ordered it that way. My visa card suggests that I paid $623-80 but I think that included some yeast as I took advantage of the postage costs. You could contact G & G

Back