Decoction Experiment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_Mills

The Old Man of Brew
Reaction score
Munting Ilog, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Hi all
For all those grain brewers out there I will be doing a decoction experiment early next year.
I will be making two beers, one a single infusion and the other a single decoction.
The first beer will be a North German Pilsener and the other a Munich Dunkle.
I will be sending two bottles to Queensland, Canberra and the local IBU's for evaluations.
If brewers from Victoria and South Australia would like to taste and judge the beers please let me know.
At the end of the day after all tasting we will finally come to some agreement on the results.
Cheers
Ray

hi ray
sounds good but why have you cut off half the country ie western australia and the good ol northern territory.? dont we rate ;) <_<

cheers
big d
reckon im the most remote ag brewer in australia.

Hi
You do, I just wanted to know if other States would be interested. I can send the bottles to all states if they want.
BTW i will explain:
I will brew on the same day one infusion mash and one decoction for the Pilsener
Another day it will be the Munich Dunkle.
I will post details in January of the recipes
Cheers
Ray

Ray

The Adelaide Flocculators would love to have a bottle or two of each. We have a regular gathering of 10 all grian brewers, so we could sample the beer and send comments back to you.

Cheers
Pedro

As I Flocculate on a regular basis here in Adelaide Ray, I look forward to the taste off.

Steve

I'll be looking forward to flocculating around a couple of your beers Ray.

Cheers
Jayse

I know it's an old post but was wondering how it all went Ray?

would be interested in results as well. have tried some tripple decoctions but used european malts. so our malts prob different

Back