Deception

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
Brewed the Nelson savin summer ale today. Did 53L batch in the Braumeister. Filled with 53L and mashed in with 9.7kg of marris otter and .9kg of raw wheat. I didn't do a cereal mash with the wheat I just milled it twice with a couple o hundred grams of MO and mashed it with the lot in the malt pipe. Anyway I measured way low S.G at mashout. I collected 43L and got around 1.049 and by Beer tools I should have got 1.059. I was spewin!! Then I sparged the pipe (22L) and added it to the mash and came in way to high! 1.044 (was supposed to be 1.038) so I added 5L of filtered water and came in at the correct pre boil gravity but I believe because I had so much volume int he kettle the BM didn't boil off as much and then I ended up at end of boil at 1.044 instead of 1.048. I just left it and chucked it in the 60L ferm but im just a bit pissed that I can't get this beast down pat and it just makes me want to brew more until i can but my fridges are all full and I only have 4 no chills left so i'll have to smarten the **** up I spose

just give some of the full cubes away.... trade them for empties ?

seriously!? due to 2 infections i have no beer for festivus and have to buy beer, but i'm ok with that because i will be able to use the little creatures pint bottles later...yay for silver lining! mind you the alfoil is getting expensive these days

no worries i can see gav - you are sittin pretty

just give some of the full cubes away.... trade them for empties ?
That isn't a good idea because id be loosing. Do you understand trading?? guess not by your response....Maybe you could give me some cubes and give me $50 and throw in a few cubes? Mrrrrr

seriously!? due to 2 infections i have no beer for festivus and have to buy beer, but i'm ok with that because i will be able to use the little creatures pint bottles later...yay for silver lining! mind you the alfoil is getting expensive these days

no worries i can see gav - you are sittin pretty
I was just saying to SWMBO I needed to get rid of some kegs to make room for the Saison, Westmalle tripple and the summer ale. I'll either be drunk for 3 weeks or get help but either way stock wont last......hurry hurry hurry

I was just saying to SWMBO I needed to get rid of some kegs to make room for the Saison, Westmalle tripple and the summer ale. I'll either be drunk for 3 weeks or get help but either way stock wont last......hurry hurry hurry

swap you 18kg's of vienna for a keg of ??? win - win for everyone!

swap you 18kg's of vienna for a keg of ??? win - win for everyone!

I have a keg of Rye robust porter dry hoped for 3 days with citra.

EDIT. ill throw in a saison that will be ready in a couple of weeks. (shes a slow bitch) 8%

Back