Death Of A Mate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Reaction score
woke to the news of the death of a former workmate yesterday morning.

Mike was at a school formal on friday night,he lent against a gate it opened he fell , hit his head on the ground and died.
he was to turn 19 in a couple of months,life can be so unfair.....

...spog.....

Sorry to hear that Spog.

Said goodbye to a mate this week myself. Was only 36, leaves behind a young wife and son.

No one knows why these things happen.

My thoughts are with you mate.

My buddy Ian Nicholls died in a motorbike crash, I can still remember every hair on his head and his exact voice. We used to sit and listen to Pink Floyd and get hammered on a polypin of Brains SA.
That was in 1974, you never ever forget.

All the best.

I can't fathom losing any of my mates, Spog. Sorry to hear.

Take care, mate.

thanks fellas. on the local tv news monday night Mikes death was reported but the useless f,wits put up a photo of another bloke,not Mike.
everyone is very,very p@#$$ed off with that..... bloody unbelievable.

cheers.....spog.......

these sorts of things often change our lives in unpredictable ways..

While tragic, and regrettable, I like to think that good things can come of these sad moments we have in life... for example..

Many years ago, a mate of mines girlfriend jumped from the Westgate bridge... The poor feker was in WA at the time doing mapping for the mines, anyway, come the day of the funeral I got chatting to a fella (who was the boyfriend of the girls mother) who ended up giving me a job where I worked for about 10 years and it totally changed my life.. I wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for that tragic event..

I could tell another story about a mate of mine that died in an unfortunate shooting incident that was both the darkest day, and also the bigest wakeup call I have ever had..

The sudden loss of life of anyone close affects so many people in so many different ways, it is always regrettable, lamentable and tragic.

I only hope that in one fashion or another, you can eventually see a silver lining to that story, they are sometimes hard to find, but often are there to be found after the dust settle.

Sincerely I feel for your loss.

Yob

so true Yob, Mike's funeral was this arvo,must have been 300 people turn up.
the school students lined the drive way as the hearse left (maybe another 100 there) blew me away that did.
reps from the local footy clubs and players,blokes from the building industry.(Mike was an apprentice chippy)
amazing how a loss brings so many together,and all squabbles are put aside....makes you stop and think.....cheers....spog.....

Back