Dead Regulator Graveyard

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Fester

Old, Grumpy and PROUD of it!
Reaction score
All,
Does anyone have an old dead regulator that they don't want anymore?, or know of a well priced source for a replacement gauge? I am looking at getting the low pressure gauge from a dead reg, and placing it on the keg side of the check valve in the system. That way I will be able to confirm at a glance that the kegs have maintained pressure, and know if I need to top the system up at all.

I have had a look at all of the usual suspects for parts (Blackwoods etc...) but a replacement gauge is expensive $80+. So far the cheapest option I have is to buy one of the Taiwanese ebay regs for $40 odd dollars, and gut it. I was just thinking that there may be some dead regs out there that I could pull apart in lieu.

I'm assuming that reconditioned regs wouldnt be worth trusting, and that once dead, a reg is not resurected??

Thanks in advance,

M

There is heaps of dead regs at scrapyards. In the Copper bin.

Was at a field day yesterday. There were lots of el cheapo tool tents. They had plenty of air gear. The tyre filler sets often had a dial gauge which would be a cheap source of a gauge.

Try giving BOC a call, the gauges that they put on their reg's are cheap, and they will sell them as parts.

dreamboat

I bought my gauge from Enzed fluid connectors for about $20, any of those hydraulic hose type places sell them.

Mandrakar.

Not sure if you've got any up in Canberra, however a lot of el-cheapo Vietnamese tool shops are springing up around Melbourne. Good source for a lot of brewing bits. Pretty certain I've seen cheap pressure guages at them too. :unsure:

Certainly worth a look. :beerbang:

Warren -

Thanks all for your valuable input.

I will get straight into it and do some ringing around.

Much obliged.

Fingerlickin_B said:
Try Fisher Discounts in Fyshwick man :)

PZ.
[post="84159"][/post]​

Thats gonna be expensive.... I havent been to Fisher Discounts yet, and left without a model or 2 :beerbang:

Maybe if I restrict myself to downstairs??

Ta.

you should explain what type of models you are referring to especially when people read its in Fyshwick :D

Steve said:
you should explain what type of models you are referring to especially when people read its in Fyshwick :D
[post="84171"][/post]​

Typically, N scale model rail.

I enjoy building stuff, my son enjoys doing the Gomez Addams thing..... :ph34r:

M

Latest posts

Back