Daylight Slaving starts tonight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Unless you are playing a banjo or an unemployed Iron ore miner, don't forget to wind clocks forward one hour, buy new curtains for the summer and if you haven't stocked up on eggs your'e in deep shyte for a few weeks.

However my bird collection of Magpies, butcher birds, Kookas and shrikes are far more intelligent than chooks.
Today they lined up as usual at 3.30 for their feed, but tomorrow they'll know to line up at 4.30.
Amazing.

If anyone here is a dairy farmer please advise your girls to adjust their clocks/ wrist watches so to avoid confusion and discomfort.
Thank you for your "time".

One day the cows in Queensland will evolve and be able to adjust to the sun coming up an hour earlier :blink:. One day...............

spog said:
If anyone here is a dairy farmer please advise your girls to adjust their clocks/ wrist watches so to avoid confusion and discomfort.
Thank you for your "time".
I'll let Rashid know

cow milk.jpg

JOH! JOH! JOH!

His name was JOH (not Joe) you poor illiterate southern bastards. :lol:
[SIZE=10.5pt]And for what it's worth he was a Kiwi blow-in much to our disappointment & regret.[/SIZE]

The old saying "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" springs to mind here & if all of youse from south of the border can't live with setting your clocks to Queensland time then perhaps a more permanent move to Tasmania might help you babies survive? :lol:

If you ever manage to win more than one State of Origin series in a row then perhaps we might listen (with closed ears) to all the bullshit about curtains fading, etc. :beer:

Nah, the real reason Qld won't use DST is they don't want to fall yet another hour behind.

Pfffttt, you east coasters should all just spilt the difference and run on SA time.

TidalPete said:
TidalPete, on 01 Oct 2016 - 9:54 PM, said:

JOH! JOH! JOH!

His name was JOH (not Joe) you poor illiterate southern bastards.
[SIZE=10.5pt]And for what it's worth he was a Kiwi blow-in much to our disappointment & regret.[/SIZE]

The old saying "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" springs to mind here & if all of youse from south of the border can't live with setting your clocks to Queensland time then perhaps a more permanent move to Tasmania might help you babies survive? :lol:

If you ever manage to win more than one State of Origin series in a row then perhaps we might listen (with closed ears) to all the bullshit about curtains fading, etc. :beer:
PS --- FWIW I've never needed or wanted air-conditioning in this horrible :lol: climate. Just grateful to survive I am. ;)

Yeah his name was Joh. Note in more than 40 years every other Jo or Joe ain't spelt with an H, I believe what you meant to say was : It's Joh, spelt the way his illiterate Kiwi parents writ it when he was born.

Johannes Bjelke-Peterson sheep shagging family of Danish Descent. May have explained his cruel acts committed on the English language...

After a long day working in the blazing hot Aussie summer sun, what do Cockroaches and Mexicans want? More time in the blazing hot Aussie summer sun of course . Personally I can't wait till 8 pm or so for the sun to go down and the relative cool of the evening . Glad my parents moved north when I was to young to remember and escaped the southern daylight madness that was to come . :p :blink:

malt junkie said:
Yeah his name was Joh. Note in more than 40 years every other Jo or Joe ain't spelt with an H, I believe what you meant to say was : It's Joh, spelt the way his illiterate Kiwi parents writ it when he was born.
Yet for a freely settled country with a fifth of Australia's population, the Kiwis still beat us in the Rugby... and brew better beer. Shame Australia.. Shame.

Black Devil Dog said:
One day the cows in Queensland will evolve and be able to adjust to the sun coming up an hour earlier :blink:. One day...............
Psst!
You meant an hour later, yeah?

Two threads on daylight savings? Y'all need it just so you can get out more.

I wish I had of known earlier because this means that I watered my hops too early this morning.
I might just rip them out and start again.

And if you can't remember if it's forwards or back you just remember.
Spring forward fall back.

Latest posts

Back