Dave's Home Brewing Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
My missus kindly pointed out to me the other day that there's a home brewing class being run in North Sydney in November and I notice it's being run by Dave of Dave's Home Brew at North Sydney Oval. Anyone know how worthwhile going along to this would be? Dave's certainly been more than helpful the couple of times I've been into his store and the first brew I made from ingredients on his advice turned out fantastic despite by best efforts to bugger it up (see my thread in the kits & extracts section). It's aimed at beginners and intermediates and I'm certainly the former.
Any thoughts?

SpaceMonkey said:
Dave's certainly been more than helpful the couple of times I've been into his store and the first brew I made from ingredients on his advice turned out fantastic despite by best efforts to bugger it up (see my thread in the kits & extracts section). It's aimed at beginners and intermediates and I'm certainly the former.

[post="78586"][/post]​

I really think you have answered your own question. I have been to a couple of brewdays with other members of this forum and being able to watch, talk, and be involved in proceedings really has helped with my brewing and my beers are all the more better for it. When I used to train my apprentices I always encouraged them to get out when they finished their trade and travel to work at different golf clubs (turf management). If you see how other managers carry out the same procedures managing their turfgrass in multiple locations, when you combine it with your own knowledge, 9 times out of 10 you will come up with the best way of doing things. Same applies with brewing if you are keen to learn.

Any idea about costs? I may check it out as it sounds like it would be useful.

Thanks.

$35, and you get a book to keep from it too. It's only two hours but I figure you could pick up plenty of useful stuff in that time.

there should be more info at www.northsydneycentre.com.au

Cheers man,

When u get more info on the date could you PM me as I'd definately be up for that.

Thanks.

Date is 10am-noon Sunday 13 Nov.

I'll be looking out for a fat american with a flat top and glasses then? :chug:

Latest posts

Back