Dave Logsdon Of Wyeast Visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have no fear Hutch.I found Dave a very nice bloke who goes out of his way to help out.If i had some of my beers on hand when i saw him in Adelaide i would have jumped at the chance for him to sample and critique my beers.

Cheers
Big D

Where you staying Screwtop?
I wouldn't mind making the trip myself

Batz

Batz,

The offer of accommodation stands if you want a bed for the night & a lift to the meeting.

cheers Ross

I spke To G&G today, anyone that Is going to the Brizzy shindig, needs to Contact Brennan at 152 so that thay can have the numbers for catering

Where you staying Screwtop?
I wouldn't mind making the trip myself

Batz

Batz,

The offer of accommodation stands if you want a bed for the night & a lift to the meeting.

cheers Ross

Your a champ Ross,I suppose Pete will be there Thursday :lol:

Batz

Any chance of someone making a podcast or taking some notes of his talk for those of us that will miss out?

I recorded the speech and can seed it if anyone is interested.
It was basically a speech about starters.

Let me know and I can put the torrent file up here. I dont know if this will work as I have not done this before.

The speech goes for about and hour and a half.

There is no issue of copyright as Daves permision was asked for and given.

cheers
johnno

View attachment Dave_Logsdon_Wyeast_Melb_speech.wav.zip

Any chance of someone making a podcast or taking some notes of his talk for those of us that will miss out?

I recorded the speech and can seed it if anyone is interested.
It was basically a speech about starters.

Let me know and I can put the torrent file up here. I dont know if this will work as I have not done this before.

The speech goes for about and hour and a half.

There is no issue of copyright as Daves permision was asked for and given.

cheers
johnno

Cheers Johnno, Trying to download it now from the torrent.

Hando

Hi Johnno,

Thanks for the recording & the torrent - are you seeding it at the moment?

I'm getting one peer but no-one appears to be seeding so can't download.....

Jez

twas a good talk, reconfirms my need for an aquarium pump when i get some excess cash, for starters and for my worts. had a few MB sticklers best bitters, very nice beer. can anyone tell me the hops they use in this one?

Hi Johnno,

Thanks for the recording & the torrent - are you seeding it at the moment?

I'm getting one peer but no-one appears to be seeding so can't download.....

Jez

Hi Jez,
yes I am seeding and there are 3 others currently downloading. So I am not sure what is happening there.

Maybe try downloading the torrent file again?

cheers
johnno

Man, Hans made a ripper of an APA didn't he?! I've added the torrent to my client and will continue to seed when I've completed the d/l.

HBW, don't turn it off when you've got the file, let others grab it from you... that's the nature of BT.

Man, Hans made a ripper of an APA didn't he?! I've added the torrent to my client and will continue to seed when I've completed the d/l.
that was a damn nice beer. i'd never knowingly had Amarillo hops before but i'll definitely have a go at a beer containing them now.

Yep,
good night and was great to lay eyes on some of the crew from here.
Dave's "layman terms' for a few things also was good for an insight into yeast health.

The bitter on tap (that was sucked dry) and the pub's own stout was damm fine and the Melb brewers beers were great too.
I was behind the wheel so I took it easy.

Big thanks to G&G for putting this on.
Luke

Any of you Brizzy brewers attending this evening know what the format for the evening is at 152 Oxford. Is it low key, dinner with guest speaker or what? SWAMBO and I will be in town from about 3pm, thought we might have dinner then I'll head over to 152.

Any of you Brizzy brewers attending this evening know what the format for the evening is at 152 Oxford. Is it low key, dinner with guest speaker or what? SWAMBO and I will be in town from about 3pm, thought we might have dinner then I'll head over to 152.

Screwtop,

From what I've heard, it kicks off between 7.00 & 7.30pm - very informal talk on yeast & then the opportunity to have your own beers judged if you want to bring some along. No costs involved.

Ken's winning beer in the recent BABB's competition, where the prize was to have it brewed commercially & put on tap at the Oxford, is being released tonight. Quite a few of us will be there from approx 6pm to christen the beer in style :party:

See you there...

cheers Ross

Anyone still seeding this? Up to 80% but can see quite a few red pieces so need a seed to let me have em :eek:

I'm stuck on 81.8% too.......

Back