Darwin Stubbies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
G'day fellas

Does anyone know any joints that sell Darwin stubbies here in Adelaide? The Melbourne Street Wine Cellars has them but I don't fancy paying twenty-five bucks for a bottle.

if i had room kai i would bring you down a six pack ;)

don't tell me someone actually drinks that stuff???? :ph34r:

i thought only tourists bought that stuff for their mantle piece

I've got two of them (full) in my cellar - I bought them about 3 years ago when I was visiting the top end...

I wonder if the 3 years has improved them at all?!?!
TL

lol, i doubt it. and the best bit is they aren't even made here in Darwin anymore. CUB pulled down the brewery a long time ago and its made in either QLD or Melb (but i could be wrong - sure not here)

Kai,
I think you'll find they're about $25 in Darwin too. Very touristy!

I feared that would be the case, Steve. I can't imagine CUB would want to keep it round as a 'normal' beer, as I imagine it'd be a pain in the arse on the bottling line.

How much do they cost in your neck of the woods, big d?

not sure about over gove way, but they cost about 20 bucks or more here. i think the price goes up when its tourist season :)

never bought one over here kai.my last one bought was in darwin.will check the price out for you.and yes bonk its not a nice tasting beer.
tourist gimmick these days.i think they are bottled in cairns.

Back