Danish Stuff

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been covered in here

www.voresoel.dk

Cheers
Gerard

I'm fairly new to the whole HB thing and I've never done and AG brew but their recipe seems weird.

Why are they doing an AG but then adding so much water to it for the boil volume?

Great idea though. Anyone going to take up the idea?

The danish beer scene is HUGE. Really suprised me how big it is over there.

I just spent the weekend in Copenhagen, and visited (so far) my favourite beer store in the world. The guy (Jeppe) that runs it is brilliant too, happy to discuss beer for hours, and taste and give tips. It's only open very selected hours, but the selection of beer is all world class. No crappy lagers for sale (unless Brooklyn counts?).

His brother is an avid homebrewer too, and just gained a commercial license, I tasted his first commercial beer (Big Bad Barley Wine 10%) which was wonderful.

Over the 3 days I managed to visit 3 micros, and 3 brilliant bars. Also had a tasting night with over 200 great beers. I'll eventually post pictures once the gallery is back up :)

Look forward to seeing the pics. Dane tells me the Gallery is almost complete.
Did you take a picture of the store ?
Is it Denmark where the beer is really expensive, or is that Norway or one of the other Scandinavian countries ?
Good to hear you are making the most of your trip.

Beers,
Doc

It is pretty expensive there, average of around AU$10-12 for 500ml of draught beer.

Bottles from a store are much cheaper though, averaging around $5 for 330ml of good Belgian or Danish beer. US beers are a little pricier though.

I got some pictures inside the store :)

All the Scando countries are expensive but the further north you go, the more expensive.

So all the Danes take trips to Germany, all the Swedes take trips to Denmark and all the Norwegians take trips to Sweden to get cheapER beer.

And the ferries between Denmark/Germany have tax free shopping on board so people go for a ferry ride with a trolly and load up with a few tax free slabs.

Crazy Scandos!

Back