Dangerous Masters Chimnea - be aware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fat ******* said:
Every time I go to Bummings (for there are no independent hardware shops near my home) I feel like punching someone. I once asked the idiot in the tool section for a 6mm standard thread tap and he told me to try the plumbing section.
I have yet to sneak thru the doors without the " Hello...how are you..." ...thing......

Even with rampant small children causing a scene

I feel like such a failure

Fat ******* said:
Every time I go to Bummings (for there are no independent hardware shops near my home) I feel like punching someone. I once asked the idiot in the tool section for a 6mm standard thread tap and he told me to try the plumbing section.
So that would have been the tool in the tool section.

I call Bunnings the "We don't have it store", every time I go there, I find the place where what I want is meant to be, just to find an empty frigging slot/box/rack/hanger/whatever.

"Bunnings Not-House tralalalalalala" a-holes.

"Insert generic chain name here", the cash generating one stop shop. Here to generate cash turnover, not actually sell you quality true value for money goods. We want you having to come back into the shop even if it means you are returning something.

The problem with Bunnings is they do a cracking sausage sizzle. Perhaps they should stick to doing that rather than flogging hardware goods.

fraser_john said:
I call Bunnings the "We don't have it store", every time I go there, I find the place where what I want is meant to be, just to find an empty frigging slot/box/rack/hanger/whatever.

"Bunnings Not-House tralalalalalala" a-holes.
Exactly, fine if they've got something you want but if you need it to be ordered in don't hold your breath.

We've just been getting our ensuite renovated. Nearly everything that could gone wrong has, every delay that you could imagine. Then the builder says to us that the new shower screen is on order with their supplier. I ask who the supplier is - Bunnings. Faaaark - how about you try somewhere else?

welly2 said:
The problem with Bunnings is they do a cracking sausage sizzle. Perhaps they should stick to doing that rather than flogging hardware goods.
I can't remember the details but I was told that Bunnings dictates the terms of those " charities" etc doing the sausage sizzles.

spog said:
I can't remember the details but I was told that Bunnings dictates the terms of those " charities" etc doing the sausage sizzles.
Is that right? Hmm.. I suppose it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Tossers.

spog said:
I was treasurer of a club a couple of years ago, bunnings/masters don't dictate the sausage sizzle rules. They offer you guidelines to maximise your profits but you decide how to run it. You must be an incorporated association/not for profit organisation. The wait list to run one is usually quite long. You supply the people, they supply the shelter, bbq, cooking utensils and the gas.
No affiliation, etc, etc.

spog said:
Yep.

They tell you how many sausages per piece of bread and what drinks you can sell and how much. ( you cant sell the same drinks as in their shop vending machine ).

Its for " consistancy " accros their stores so that all sausage sizzles are the same

Ducatiboy stu said:
Yep.

They tell you how many sausages per piece of bread and what drinks you can sell and how much. ( you cant sell the same drinks as in their shop vending machine ).

Its for " consistancy " accros their stores so that all sausage sizzles are the same
The few I was involved in, we were never told what products we could supply. We were lucky enough to have a butcher and an owner of a few IGA's, so we sourced our products through them.

Wapehawi said:
The few I was involved in, we were never told what products we could supply. We were lucky enough to have a butcher and an owner of a few IGA's, so we sourced our products through them.
Local footy club got in trouble cause they didnt toe the company line. Where told that all sausage sizzles are supposed to be the same at all stores

Fat ******* said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

Ducatiboy stu said:
Local footy club got in trouble cause they didnt toe the company line. Where told that all sausage sizzles are supposed to be the same at all stores
I was in Toowoomba then, only one Bunnings and one Masters, maybe less strict there.

Ducatiboy stu said:
" the same at all stores", there's the problem, or is it ? Good marketing on their side as people are after all sheep.
Keeping up with the Jones's etc well Bunnings caters for that hands down.

Fat ******* said:
To be fair I wouldnt ever go to any hardware store for a threading tap.
I go to an industrial supplier like a bearing shop or a bolt shop and get the correct tap and appropriate drill along with cutting fluid etc. I've seen the shit they sell as taps and dies at bunnings and I wouldnt tap anything harder than a bar of soap with them.

Some times I like to go to the likes of bunnings just so I can browse without being harrassed. Sometimes I find in smaller independant hardware stores they can be a little too eager to help when you really just want to browse whilst clearing your head away from the house.

+1 on the Industrial / Bearing shop for sourcing anything like that. You'll find most of them can basically source anything, and keen to do so.

shaunous said:
+1 on the Industrial / Bearing shop for sourcing anything like that. You'll find most of them can basically source anything, and keen to do so.
I could spend a lot of money in Eastlands Trade Supplies as well as East Coast Bearings & Tradelink....& TLE....& ...Caldwells.. :ph34r: .....way more than buninksc could ever get out of me

Support the local guys who know their stuff :)

Walked in the BSC/Calstar the other day, bought a heap of gear to rebuild a mig welder runner and hand piece, inner coils, new tips, gas ends, outer casings, all that gear. Thought i'd be up for heaps as I stocked up to future proof, walked out with change from $50.

Why go to Bunnings to get less quality gear from people who couldn't spell 'mig', let alone know what one was.

Our local BOC Gas & Gear shop sure can spell 'mig'.
But you don't get change from $50.
Ok, maby if you buy one piece of engineering chalk.

Latest posts

Back