Dancing Days Are Here Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
From the feed back so far I get everyone liked the guide to the galaxy.
I can see we don't have too many zepplin fans only Post modern and our tasmanian brew buddy Justin picked the song.
which was dancing days. So as promised i'll eventually send some beers

Reading over it again and a few things I note is firstly i quoted batch sparging as giving you a lower effiency but if done correcttly i believe you can achieve the same effiency with this method and may actually be a better way to sparge, now over 3 months down the track base malt choices are now much broader . I think pretty much all the best beers and maybe even most of the beers in oz are made with joe white export pilsner malt as a base including little creatures.

anyway iam glad everyone found it easy to read and understand.

cheers jayse.

Ummm...

I could be wrong but I reckon I was one of the first to pick the lyrics as I tend to play it on brew days.

Does this reference work?

My post

ok yes you can have a lovely crafted ale too simon.
Good work, sorry i missed that thread but i do have a feeling you did tell me you new the song once.
yes your right those aren't the right lyrics.

by the way i read your log last night. Good discriptions for your brews in the tastings.
i agree with the XLCR the ekg over power the cascade you would think it would be the other way around.
also i found the tartness in a few beers made with the last batch of wheat i got too.

cheers jayse keep up the good work

Cheers Jayse

I have been spreading the rumour that you dropped off the forums cos you didnt want to have to send me a bottle of brew for guessing the lyrics. Funnily enough I tend to go for remastered Led Zep on brew day.

Yes, I was never that keen on XLcior and I have now given up on a grain bill with a lot of wheat, really adds some sourness.

Love your idea for my 100th brew, reckon I will have done enough ag brews by then to do a 100 ibu sg 1.100 brew, maybe an imperial IPA, hopped every minute during the boil.

I am getting into ESB type beers now. Tried a Fullers ESB tonight, an excellent drop. Tasted it against my last brew, a partial mash english ale, and the homebrew stands up really well. Porter tomorrow (split, brewed with 1275 and 1028) then a SFPA (1056 and something else), then an attempt to convert my partial mash english ale to an ag esb, probably special london and something else. Assuming, of course that the gear all works tomorrow!

Don't totally give up on that much wheat it shouldn't give any real tartness my xlcr have not had it but a wheat beer i made with 3068 certainlly did i just put it down to a infection.
but was questioning the wheat for awhile.

the last XLCR i made iam drinking right now i used all cascade and FWH
and just used 100% JW trad malt.
i still like my version made with pilsner malt and 1 kg of wheat and fermented very low the best it had almost lager qualities using a ale yeast.
this one iam drinking now is much more like a pale ale.
TDA and GMK both had a taste of my original and i'll can brag and say they were very impressed.

cheers jayse
ps love the split batch different yeast way of brewing

Jayse

your guide was great, well done.
I will be using it as a reference very soon when I get my AG brewery in full swing.
After reading several posts I think I will be batch sparging, and when I have finished my bag of Joe White ale malt I will be getting a bag of Joe White export pilsner malt (or maybe go halves with someone next time in Brizvegas?)

Hoops

thanx hoops.
acording to adelaides own guru "Mr mash paddle" steve nicholls.
the very best pilsner style malt is from weyermann.
You can deffintly trust his judgement.
I have not used it yet myself as its twice the price.
but the guts of it is that for APA lighter malts are better i believe it is what they use in Chico.
also another APA tip is that unlike burton on trent, chicos water is much softer as is the water lcpa use.

From these two points i gather that this is what helps with the refreshing qualities almost lager like.

cheers jayse

Back