Dan In Bundy At Last

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be in Maryborough next month some time. Can not wait.

I thought the 1st Choice in Bundy had a surprisingly good selection of beers. In fact, much better than they have on the S/Coast, where Dan's rules.

Plenty of good pommy beers anyway.

I thought the 1st Choice in Bundy had a surprisingly good selection of beers. In fact, much better than they have on the S/Coast, where Dan's rules.

Ahh........Errrr............... PLUS 1

Screwy

yeah was OK, not disputing that, Dan has the upper hand though.

Dave

Have a Dan's here in Rocky and a First Choice. First Choice Bundaberg was the first place from Yeppoon to Maryborough where I was able to fine Timothy Taylor's Landlord ( albeit the worse for wear from poor storage)

CHEERS

Hirns

Each time I go to Dan's or 1st Choice they have quite a range of single bottles on display.

Will they happilly sell you a carton of, say, Fuller's ESB if you ask them?

I love Dans range of craft beers
I grab a mixed handful each Saturday
Within walking distance too :icon_chickcheers:

I love Dans range of craft beers
I grab a mixed handful each Saturday
Within walking distance too :icon_chickcheers:

I like Dans as well, wish they would get one in Gympie.

Batz

Also, warra jnr is a Senior Design Manager with Woollies. He's in charge of the layout and design of all the Dans and BWS stores.

he's done well, let's give wine 3% floor space though.

Bloody Dans, opened for 2 days....
already cost me
yesterday
$30 Ottenger
$17 Alpha Ale
today
$15 DogBolter

and I have to drive back past there this afternoon! (well the wife will be driving)

QldKev

We have both 1st choice and 2 dans in kans now , & 1st Choice wins hands down on selection..

already cost me
yesterday
$30 Ottenger
$17 Alpha Ale
today
$15 DogBolter

and I have to drive back past there this afternoon! (well the wife will be driving)

QldKev

the bogan in me took over and i got the Oettinger 500ml cans for 40 bux :icon_drunk:

i'm almost out of brown paper bags but.....

Also, warra jnr is a Senior Design Manager with Woollies. He's in charge of the layout and design of all the Dans and BWS stores. There's a Dans on the drawing board for Port Macquarie, planned to be opened some time next year.

I've heard rumours of a Dan's opening at Cannonvale, next suburb to Airlie Beach. Wonder whether warra jnr is able to confirm if you get the chance.

already cost me
yesterday
$30 Ottenger
$17 Alpha Ale
today
$15 DogBolter

QldKev

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll check next time we're on the phone, but he's not the most communicative of individuals, unlike daughter dear.
If he doesn't call this weekend, I'll send him an email on Monday.

Cheers Warra

I find that Dans and 1st Choice hereabouts carry a quite different range of beers - Dans are great for Polish, Czech and Russian beers for example whereas Ist Choice are better for pom beers and often carry some surprising stuff - I even picked up a couple of litre botles of Argentinian Quilmes 4.9% (note my new sig). I was out with SWMBO at Coffee Club for lunch and had a Crownie for the first time in a couple of years. Sad experience, got home and had a Quilmes and beats the snot out of Carlton.
1st Choice also had a good stock of TTL in pints as well although they had some in the fridge....nooooooooooooooooo :blink:

I like Dans, because I like their range of beers, wines etc.
There's a Dans on the drawing board for Port Macquarie, planned to be opened some time next year.

Any hints if Taree is on the horizon (that said, we have a WW Liquor and BWS . . .) ??? :icon_cheers:

Love the idea of Dan's - Bunnings for Beer!

Cheers

Any hints if Taree is on the horizon (that said, we have a WW Liquor and BWS . . .) ??? :icon_cheers:

Love the idea of Dan's - Bunnings for Beer!

Cheers

lol The ironic thing about that, the same mob who own Bunnings also owns 1st Choice. :lol:

QldKev

Bugger, must have been some random speculation that I heard. Thanks for asking anyway Warra.

Back