Damn AusPost - rant

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
<rant>

JHC ordered three Whitelabs vials from Keg King, they shipped it promptly (thanks!) as I got the notification last Tuesday. Here it is the following Monday and I get the notification it is at my PO Box, 6 days later, to go 100 odd kilometers from Melbourne to Geelong.

6 farking days! That is 0.6944 km/hr. Christ, I could have walked there and back faster.

Meantime, a fellow brewer tells me he ordered a Xmas gift for his wife from Indonesia on Friday and the courier shows up Saturday, BEFORE NOON, with the gift!

AusPost, what is wrong with this picture!

And you want a stamp to be $1?

Get F_cked!

</rant>

Took a week for my order to get here from Keg King, too.

Granted, it's a bit further to Newcastle, but obviously you haven't heard of the term "Christmas mail".

Lucky it wasn't lost (read 'stolen' by Auspost employees).
They take these things seriously, or is it that they seriously take things?
I received a card a while back advising that one of my items had been identified as being stolen while in the post, and they were taking it seriously. Never heard any more about it. EVER!

While in the car yesterday, I heard one of the ABC radio guys talking about this too, and I was absolutely floored!

I think I heard in mid-January the cost of a standard letter was going to $1. And the average time to deliver something by parcel post was going to be two freakin weeks. That's the way, AusPost. Set yourself really low standards, and still fail to reach them.

That was the story of my life when I was up in Darwin. Standard post was never, ever delivered any less than 10 days when I made an order from only as far as Victoria. Granted, express post was quick enough. I would get stuff delivered from the UK quicker than being delivered from Victoria.

I realise shipments were coming in direct via air (from the UK) vs probably by truck with standard post but it still went against the grain (ha ha!)

I just received some gear that took 48 hours from Miami to Sydney and 12 days from Sydney to Canberra. Impressive!

Did you check the package to see what date it actually left keg king?

I'll have to be discontinuing the registered post option for yeast only orders, simply can't trust the service or be confident at the health of the yeast with a "yeah we'll get it there sometime" attitude

Australia Post, wasn't that the place I used to go to post a letter to my Granny? Ah the memories.

I only use couriers. Even here in the mountainous wilderness of Kyogle I can get stuff from Ross or Brewman overnight. God knows how long it would take on AusPost.

Yob said:
I'll have to be discontinuing the registered post option for yeast only orders, simply can't trust the service or be confident at the health of the yeast with a "yeah we'll get it there sometime" attitude
When Nev in Perth was doing those liquid yeast vials (pro yeast or something?) I used to get them at the other side of the Continent via courier, still cold.

:icon_offtopic: is Nev still going? I know he was banned here but I can't seem to find his store on Google.

pcmfisher said:
Did you check the package to see what date it actually left keg king?
I got an email from AusPost on Tuesday(1-12-2015) that the package was ready to be sent, then the next day(2-12-2015) another email saying it was on its way and would be there by Friday(4-12-2015), an email this morning(7-12-2015) from them saying it was at my PO Box.

God awful.

I wonder why AusPost uses email to send notifications instead of a letter?

Bribie G said:
When Nev in Perth was doing those liquid yeast vials (pro yeast or something?) I used to get them at the other side of the Continent via courier, still cold.

:icon_offtopic: is Nev still going? I know he was banned here but I can't seem to find his store on Google.
HERE

Others can do it though.
I got some smack packs from grain and grape.
Ordered on Thursday afternoon, in Sydney at my door Friday 10am.

Ha... 6 days.

My last order from Keg King took 5 weeks to Brisbane. I ordered something from Cheeky Peak a month after I placed the keg king order and received it first.

Rambo

Don't blame AusPost. Remember that time is only relative (according to Einstein), so perhaps the earth is spinning a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot slower there.

Latest posts

Back