D Day Thank You

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
to all adelaide and perth forum get together attendees

a big thank you for the get togethers that were well attended.i got to meet heaps of forum members and a few non members.
in adelaide thanks go to dave and mark at goliaths for putting on a great day with major thanks to jayse for putting on a ag demo.
tom smit aka jovial monk for the tour of the shop and the brew samples.loved the yakima bag of fresh hops.
grumpys for the pizza and beers(i was in stealth mode on that visit)and for putting on the david cryer and david lodgson visit.great stuff.
and the one and only jayse for putting on a great get together and another ag brew day at his place.gazza(randall)got a run thanks to chillers help in filling him up with hops.unfortunately i cant remember how it tasted as i think i enjoyed one too many demon ales.ahhh thems the breaks.
thanks also to steve nicholls who kindly set aside time to give me and dicko a demo run on his system using the u-beaut globe import burners.great stuff.thanks steve also for the goodies.
i missed the belgian so my most humble apologies guys especially to wee stu.next time stu.my shout.

and on to perth where guest lurker(simon) and his lovely partner fluer and three dominant guards kept us all entertainted.great food,company, beer sampling and a great ag brew put down on the day.an excellant sampling of beers ensured that the homebrew scene is alive and well on the west coast.thanks for the demon ale deebee i havent tried it yet as i want to get a picture of it to post for jayse to show him that the demon ale originates in the czech republic.ha ha ha.and not s.a
as for simons ag the pics will soon follow as will the adelaide do.i dont no if asher has posted simons chiller yet but its a work of art.guaranteed super wort chiller.

if ive forgotten anyone give me a quick kick and a post to let me know.my apologies as 4 weeks and a few beers left me forgetting at times.
either way it was an absolutely fantastic time learning and meeting heaps of members and others.if you get the chance on your travels let the forum know in advance and you may end up having a great brewing adventure.i did.

thanks one and all adelaide and perth guys.

cheers
big d

Just wish we could have spent longer and drank a few more beers. when is your next visit? :)

Jovial Monk

With a bit of luck I'll be back first JM

too early to tell tom but maybe next year.

Was good to meet you big d, sure we will catch you on your next trip down before the big move.

If I ever make it to arnum land I will be sure to call in for a tropical brew day. :)

next year? ripper!

IPA, RIS, a clone of Gales Prize Old Ale will all be in bottles, mebbe even a bottle of Burton Old Ale, OG 1145 clone (we will likely hack the recipe and add some rye wheat and oats to the Maris Otter, make it a bit more medieval)

Jovial Monk

Bigd i was only too happy and in my element to put on the demo at the g-spot and have all you around at my joint for a hmmm i'll just call it a 'binge'.
I think that week goes in the books as the best brew week ever i have had so far.
Can't wait for another informal piss up with the AHB community.
Who's gunna play host next time? as iam a single bloke and playing host is the last thing on my mind when brewers and there beer come together for a swim through.

Cheers Jayse

big d said:
i missed the belgian so my most humble apologies guys especially to wee stu.next time stu.my shout.
nae wurries big yin - I'll forgive most things if someone will buy me a beer.
we drank a few in your honour anyway!
see you in 2005!

Latest posts

Back