D/b Recipes To Brewmate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
can i drag a recipe from the data base into brewmate. i tried copying a recipe into the recipe file of brewmate but its not showing up, does it have to be a brewmate recipe or can a beersmith recipe work also.

fergi

Witchcraft should do the trick.

Just type the bloody thing in.

Unfortunately as Bum said all you can do is type the thing in.

PITA especially when you also have to add the grains in that BM don't have but thats life.

Brewmate files are XML files where as Beer smith are BMS files ..I think.

Unfortunately as Bum said all you can do is type the thing in.

PITA especially when you also have to add the grains in that BM don't have but thats life.

Brewmate files are XML files where as Beer smith are BMS files ..I think.

yes thanks truman, they are xml files, but i have put beer recipes into beersmith before but cant remember how i got them in there, didnt type them in, so i will fiddle around and see what happens.
fergi

Beersmith recipes can be exported in BeerXML format and opened in other software that use the format.
Nige

yes thanks truman, they are xml files, but i have put beer recipes into beersmith before but cant remember how i got them in there, didnt type them in, so i will fiddle around and see what happens.
fergi

So you've put recipes from the recipe database into beersmith before without typing them in?

That would be good to know because then we could export them to XML to use in Brewmate. Let us know if you remember how you did it. I cant see any other way but typing them out.

so just trying some things here , i have got a d/b recipe into brewmate but it only seems to be txt, the glossy pic bits are missing at the moment,
screwtops JSGA.

fergi

so just trying some things here , i have got a d/b recipe into brewmate but it only seems to be txt, the glossy pic bits are missing at the moment,
screwtops JSGA.

fergi

How did you do it? Copy and paste direct into the XML file? Would that work?

Back