Cyclone Harvey

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicko

Boston Bay Brewery
Reaction score
This cyclone is close to Big D's place, so we hope all will be OK for all in your area Dave.
Keep us posted if you can.
Cheers

cheers dicko.harvey is down low in the gulf last i heard but gusting to 220km/h so at this stage anything could happen.just got the latest update.moving south/west at 15 km/h and is closer to borroloola than me so hopefully it will weaken if it crosses land.

cheers
big d

So you dont need to chain the brewery down! :D

We hope all is OK and that thing blows itself out over the land.

Cheers

big d said:
cheers dicko.harvey is down low in the gulf last i heard but gusting to 220km/h so at this stage anything could happen.just got the latest update.moving south/west at 15 km/h and is closer to borroloola than me so hopefully it will weaken if it crosses land.

cheers
big d
[post="44253"][/post]​
Here's hoping you dodged that bullet big d. Living on the Gulf of Mexico, we deal with the same stuff, hurricanes. Different name, same storm. Last one I rode out was Alicia in 1983. I got to see what the eye looks like from the inside as it passed over my house while dad and I propped trees back up and re-staked them down. Not fun by any stretch... Good Luck.

How big is this sucker?
I seem to remember about 10-12 years ago we had a category 2 pass through these parts, that was a little worrying to be honest. Luckily they usually break up before they hit the shore, they seem to love the area up in the Gulf though don't they?

it went inland an fizzled out. :) missed my place by a long shot

cheers
big d

Back