CURRENT BATCH BRY-97

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well unless the manufacturer or at least, the supplier, is going to pay for the postage /freight, then I will make a starter for the rest of my packs of BRY 97 and take the chance.
Up until now I have great success with this yeast.

So, suppliers, how do we stand as consumers...some have been forthcoming notifying brewers of a problem but what does a brewer do to re coupe his / her losses?

What has Danstar agreed to do for us?

so in other words the place you purchased it from should be contacting you if it was an online order then?

dicko said:
So, suppliers, how do we stand as consumers...some have been forthcoming notifying brewers of a problem but what does a brewer do to re coupe his / her losses?

Danstar have asked for a return of all held stock of that batch. As such, as a representative of their brand, HDA will also accept aany returns from concerned clients. Im afraid though it probably comes at a cost to everyone, HDA will happily replace any returned affected batch with new stock when it becomes available or an equivalent yeast.

I know that there arent many out there (from HDA) from my point of view, stock was taken down the moment I was informed of the recall and as I'd just recently re stocked there are but a few that went out... but I'll happily replace any packs bought through the store.

dicko said:
Well unless the manufacturer or at least, the supplier, is going to pay for the postage /freight, then I will make a starter for the rest of my packs of BRY 97 and take the chance.
Up until now I have great success with this yeast.

If brewers choose to use the batch post notification and there's an issue, then that's their choice.

There shouldn't be any sent out post notification. But if anyone has any of the recalled stock, return it to the place of purchase for a replacement. If your retailer won't do so, then drop them in an envelope up to us and we'll replace it for you regardless of where it was purchased. (As soon as we get the new stock)

I doubt we'll see any spoiled beers from it. There's been tests run on the batch and despite there being no major issues found, they've decided to arrange replacement batches of yeast due to a handful of complaints being received about longer than typical lag times. (My understanding)

Martin

I've been asked to post this here by a few customers HBHB - the batch Barleyman is selling at the moment is 3520525V with best before 09/2015.

Back