Cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem for me is they are in SA and i need to arrange freight. Every time i ask if he'll post aussie post for me he answers all other questions really helpfully, but glosses over that one.

Anyone in SA wanna go get em 4 or so and post them up. works out about $20 postage and $6 for drums.

surely there must be a similar place in sydney that sells used cubes etc .... ?

Guys I get my cubes from a local wine retailer. Most wine companies use them to transport sherry, port, and other wines which the retailers then place in large oak barells for sale to customers by the bottle.
So if you have a wine retailer in your area best bet is to ask them for a few. They gladly give them away here in wagga.

If you want some 20 litre cubes give me a yell. they Have had either caustic, Proxitane or Iodophor in them so they are clean. Very clean. They are also free!
Cheers
Gerard
www.ndbrewing.com.au

They're the same plastic, cubes that have been used for chemical storage? We go through a heap of those at work and I was thinking of taking one of the ones that had contained phos-based cleaners/sanitisers but wasn't sure if it was still food grade plastic.

Gerard Id love to grab some off you if you could hold me a couple till i get a chance to get over to you.

I have a few 20lt cubes sitting around looking for a home. Give me a yell and you can pick them up @ Paddy's on Thurs or Fri.
cheers
Gerard

i'm after a couple in the hunter area. anyone know a cheep supplier?

Some industrial chemical companies sell 25 lt. drums of DI water. They are semi transparent (like fermenters), have a threaded tap hole with bung, and about 50mm diameter screw top and handle.

Also found that Subway throw out used 25 lt. white buckets with lids. They get dill cucumbers in them. It's a matter of getting rid of the smell. The press on lid seals well. They often wreck the lids taking them off with a screwdriver.

Grab some while you can--a baker told me OH&S had outlawed 20L buckets of icing sugar as "too heavy"

JM

Same info from my water treatment guy OHS means 15 lts from now on(pussy)

Back