Cube question -- what to call it when searching for one to buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t2000kw

Reaction score
I live in the US and though I've seen these before online, I don't remember what a cube is called (what term to search for) on places like Amazon.com, ebay, etc.

I'd like to try this method of cooling sometime (AU homebrewers have come up with some interesting and useful brewing techniques) and think that it might be the way to go in the summertime when lactobacillus bacteria are in the air (that's why some old time homebrewers wouldn't make beer in the summer).

I would guess that these are not made for homebrewing but that our homebrewing community has re-purposed these for no-chill use. They appear to be popular in AU and I thought someone might be able to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks!!!

TwoCrows,

As a Jehovah's Witness I find your avatar quite funny! I saved the pic. Hope you don't mind.

So you're saying that these have headspace built in? That makes it easy to pick one knowing that. Hopefully they'll be the same in the US.

I like the prices you pay for these in AU much better than the Jerry cans I find here (at least so far). Usually you are gouged/overcharged for goods and postage and we get things cheaper.

Latest posts

Back