CUB launches new Crown Golden Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a bit of a party for SWMBO's birthday a month or so ago. We made it very clear on the invite that there will be three craft beers and one cider on tap, and that BYO is absolutely not necessary, unless you drink spirits or wine.

Would you believe someone brought along a six pack of crownies, and left them in our fridge. I was insulted. I'm still unsure as to what to do with them.

I am looking forward to trying it.
To be honest, at the end of a long day of hard work, especially in summer, I'll knock a couple of anything off !

CF

I've never heard it better put than in an orientation package I got when starting uni. Crown is "the beer to be seen drinking". It has a certain stigma attached. That's consistent with the use of the word 'brand' in that article about, what, 30 times?
I suppose they're in the business of selling beer so if the brand comes first and the beer second, so be it. Who knows, it could be alright.

Phoney said:
We had a bit of a party for SWMBO's birthday a month or so ago. We made it very clear on the invite that there will be three craft beers and one cider on tap, and that BYO is absolutely not necessary, unless you drink spirits or wine.

Would you believe someone brought along a six pack of crownies, and left them in our fridge. I was insulted. I'm still unsure as to what to do with them.
Not sure if I'd be insulted by someone trying to offer what they thought was a kind gesture.

If anything I'd be flattered that they obviously enjoyed your beer more than the Crownies.

Hopefully it will actually taste different from all the other CUB beers (which seem to be the same beer with a different label).

Also wow I just realized I went to school with that Richard Oppy guy (General manager). Maybe I can scab some beer off him.

Phoney said:

Use it kill snails (in a saucer in the vegie patch) or serve to people you don't like who drop in.

manticle said:
Rubbish. Abbotsford invalid tastes completely different from Melbourne bitter.
And I would happily drink both of those beers if they were presented to me.

Id say that I would have one or 2 to see how much effort they really put into making and ALE. :unsure:

They know that within 10-15yrs the craft beer market will be a strong force and the culture will have changed forever, that is when they will either start buying out the best brewery's of Australia or actually get serious about crafting beer for the modern day drinkers.

Lagers have there place and I too will enjoy a beer with a mate but at the end of the day or maybe the decade, Craft Beer will be King!

With or without them, Craft Beer will be King! :D

Friend's cousin came over from Holland for a few weeks recently. She's a beer drinker and normally drinks Leffe and other Belgian imports at home, or Dutch Heineken when out at a pub over there. She bought a carton of Crown lager to try it (after being strenuously warned off VB) and she proclaimed it a very pleasant beer, would drink it at home if available. I bought her a schooner of Tooheys New at the club and she nearly spat it out over the pokie screens.

How the others see us.

Didn't get to try any, they took it up to Byron for a family reunion, might try a six myself.

JDW81 said:
And I would happily drink both of those beers if they were presented to me.
Me too. Invalid is a good stout, melbourne a good bbq beer on a hot day.

TheWiggman said:
I've never heard it better put than in an orientation package I got when starting uni. Crown is "the beer to be seen drinking". It has a certain stigma attached. That's consistent with the use of the word 'brand' in that article about, what, 30 times?
I suppose they're in the business of selling beer so if the brand comes first and the beer second, so be it. Who knows, it could be alright.
They got that right.
Whenever I think of yobbos at horse race meetings or wedding receptions, I think 'Crownies'.

This combines to deliver a refined and easy drinking ale that is suitable for any occasion.

Apparently now, suitable for any occasion.

Mowing the lawn? Crown Golden Ale.
Taking a dump? Crown Golden Ale.
Watching Ready Steady Cook? Crown Golden Ale.

Latest posts

Back