CUB Keg help.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataraxia

Reaction score
Hi guys. Long time reader, fairly light poster.(that will change now that I'm building my own rig)

Recently I came into possession of a number of old CUB kegs that I'm keen to put into use. I understand these are 'd-type'?

Unfortunately they are all missing the valve and spear. Does anyone know of a place in Melbourne I could buy a couple of replacements, either new or secondhand? Alternativelty an internet lead would be greatly appreciated. On Ebay they only seem to sell the coupler taps

All help appreciated - cheers and beers.

I have a spear and possibly a valve you can have. Will check tonight.

There should be heaps of them floating around. :ph34r:

Are the threads/spears interchangable with others I wonder?

thanks for the replys. If anyone is willing to sell me a spear and valve that would be awesome

I think I have both definitely the spear but not sure if I hacked the valve or not. Will check tomorrow night when I get home. You can have them if I do.

I got mine from www.kegking.com.au

They are screw in which makes things very easy.

From memory they were less than 20 bucks each too.

Wow, that Keg King Store is absolutely fantatstic. I never realised such a magical place existed!.

Thanks truman. I will name my next born son after you. I'll buy one at the store.

ataraxia said:
Wow, that Keg King Store is absolutely fantatstic. I never realised such a magical place existed!.

Thanks truman. I will name my next born son after you. I'll buy one at the store.
Yeh its great going there and Grain and Grape too.I walk around for ages trying to think of any bits and bobs I might need. Then buy what I want, go home then realise I needed something else.

Back