Cub Enters The Homebrew Market....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Iguana

Reaction score
CUB is releasing a range of homebrew kits under it's Cascade brand.....i will be brewing the lager this weekend....there is also a porter and pale ale available.

No doubt this is a response to try and win back market share from lion nathan.\

should be intresting to see what these kits produce.....

when did these come out? i might head down to the homebrew shop now to have a look

Yeah, I've known about this for a while now but I wasn't going to mention it in case it didn't eventuate and I had no idea when they were going to release them.

I have a buddy that works for Cascade down here and he's been talking about these new products for a while as they have been giving him one's to try out and report back on (he's been trying to palm them off to me also but I still haven't given them a go). I have tried a "Chocolate Pilsner" (WTF! A bit of a conflict in my opinion) that he did which I found to be a bit ordinary and weird. But I never got around to trying the other types available. Have they released the chocolate pilsner? I thought they were going to try and release a few varied kits vs the normal old lager, stout etc (hence the chocolate pilsner) but the porter may be worth a look perhaps. He seemed to think they were alright but I now haven't talked to him for a while so I don't know what canned kits they finally decided on in the end.

I might have to make more of an effort to have a look at them now that they are finally in production. I'm interested in the porter I think.

Cheers. JD

Honestly, chocolate pilsener??? :blink: :huh: , where do these marketing gurus get there ideas from.

And you have to ask, do any of them actually drink beer?

Hmmm...bazaar. I can't remember now though if they were trying to use chocolate malt or chocolate essence to come up with this beer. My memory tells me it was the latter, and a damn weird brew it was too. I guess confused would be a good way to put it.

Cheers,
J "There ain't nothing wrong with a traditional pilsner, it don't need no chocolate" D

i went down to my LHBS and they guy says he is getting them in next week, they all have weird names, and chocolate pilsener is one of them.

more of a reson to brew with lots of grain u aint caught up in the big breweries wars

Thats just plain FREAKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AndrewQLD said:
Honestly, chocolate pilsener??? :blink: :huh: , where do these marketing gurus get there ideas from.

And you have to ask, do any of them actually drink beer?
I remember watching some foodie show a long time ago and some bearded cook / food wanker insisted that chocolate is the perfect accompanyment for beer!

He must have never eaten barbeque shapes and extra vintage cheddar! :p

Cheers,
TL

Chocolate is an awesome pairing with the right beer (Porters etc).
As for chocolate in the beer, if it works then great, if it doesn't the beer is awful. Youngs Double Chocolate stout is a great example of it working well.

When I tried coffee in beer, very ordinary.

Doc

I remember watching some foodie show a long time ago and some bearded cook / food wanker insisted that chocolate is the perfect accompanyment for beer![/QUOTE]

[/quote]
Peter Russell-Clarke?

"Gidday, where's the cheese?"

C&B
TDA

Back