CUB Brewery tour...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asha05

Reaction score
Went on a cub brewery tour for a mates bucks(not by choice). To be honest i went in there thinking this might be informative, possibly learn something. Was i wrong the tour guide had no idea, i dont know if she was new. Couldnt answer any questions about the brewing process.At the end of the tour they take you to there pub area where they serve all their "WONDERFULL" beers...I was overheard by an employee saying to a mate... 'sh*t beer, sh*t tour' so they gave me a complemantary tour pass for 2 people. haha like it will be better on the 2nd time.

Tour guides are no doubt selected for their bright personality and high rote learning ability. End of story.
Reminds me of my Heineken tour. When I finally found somebody who knew what hops were I was solemnly assured that all their hops come from the USA.

When I went to the CUB equivalent in Berlin the guide had actually studied brewing and held the highest diploma or whatever available. He was only working at that large brewery as a tour guide to bring in money, his other job was brewing at a nearby micro brewery.

Was a great guy to talk to and very interested in Australian homebrewing processes. He had never heard of no chill and the likes and at the end gave me his email to keep him up to date.

scaryface.jpg
too much VB does that

How many pints before she starts looking good. ? :chug:

Latest posts

Back