Cryo Hops - Discussion Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed the YCH distributor. They have no plans on bringing into Australia. I'll have to bring some over by plane the next time I visit the States.

No, to the distributor/importer in Australia. Nice guy, but I doubt they'll do anything unless some of the breweries or big homebrew distributors ask for it.

No, to the distributor/importer in Australia. Nice guy, but I doubt they'll do anything unless some of the breweries or big homebrew distributors ask for it.
I only saw distributorships for Europe China and Hong Kong, so does that mean the regular hops are being shipped to Australia but not the Cryo?

Just been looking on the American home brew stores websites a lot are out of stock and taking pre orders sent one an email who still may have some and ships worldwide, so fingers crossed. I will try the Hong Kong distributor too.

Now that the initial lot of LupuLN2® Citra has been sent out by Brewman to the brewerhood, I'm resurrecting this thread as the Cryo-Hops discussion thread rather than starting a brand new one.

Would mods maybe like to add "Discussion Thread" to the title?

Well ere goes: I was going to do a repeat of my Four Pines Pale Ale tribute that turned out absolutely brilliantly, so I'm altering the recipe to make it more Citra-forward as well as knocking down the red colour a lot.

When opened a packet that arrived half an hour ago, to take a sniff, it was hop heaven so I'll be doing two later additions and keeping the Simcoe as the sole bittering hop in the boil.

4 Hoops Pale Ale 3
American Pale Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 22.0
Total Grain (kg): 4.850
Total Hops (g): 51.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.052 (°P): 12.9
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (°P): 3.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.11 %
Colour (SRM): 8.5 (EBC): 16.7
Bitterness (IBU): 35.1 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 74
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
3.500 kg Base Barrett Burston Pilsener (72.16%)
0.450 kg Munich I (9.28%)
0.450 kg Munich II (9.28%)
0.300 kg Wheat Malt (6.19%)
0.150 kg Caraaroma (3.09%)

Hop Bill
----------------
13.0 g Simcoe Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
20.0 g Amarillo Pellet (8.6% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Aroma) (0.9 g/L) - CUBE HOP
8.0 g LupuLN2 Citra Pellet (24% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Aroma) (0.4 g/L) - CUBE HOP
10.0 g LupuLN2 Citra Pellet (24% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.5 g/L) - DRY HOP ON PITCHING

Lactic acid / Calcium lactate buffering.

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 20°C with WLP090 - San Diego Super Yeast

Pellets but very soft. The ones in the front I just squished down with a finger tip. But of course due to Brewman's expert packaging and Fastway's smooth, rapid and professional delivery system they arrived in good nick.

OOh my finger now smells nice.

cryo hops 1.jpg

American hop, so I'd like to give an American malt and yeast a go. Maybe Breiss brewers and a Wyeast? ...

I'll call it " 1/8 x 7/16 " in honour of my recent american thread conundrums.

I think the maths works out around 5.5%

Last edited:
Argh, WTF? Nobody posted this on the thread earlier!? I was the initial poster, and had no idea these were available already.
Any word on getting more, they don't appear to be available on the website?

Argh, WTF? Nobody posted this on the thread earlier!? I was the initial poster, and had no idea these were available already.
Any word on getting more, they don't appear to be available on the website?
Yes he is getting some more, this was a just to see what interest is generated.

The original buy was full virtually overnight - Judging on what I have seen so far I reckon this will be the biggest shift in hops for home brewers since pellets came in, and it will be awesome if Euro manufacturers hop on board with the new technology and do Hallertau, Saaz etc. variants. Finally able to get that authentic "Euro Twang" in my lagers.

Where was it posted? How did people find out about it? Should I just email Brewman Dealz directly?

Back