Cry for help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leyther

Reaction score
OK,

So driven 7hrs from melbs up to Pambula, keg in the new 15l cooler and still cool on arrival, great, let's fire her up.

3 x 74g CO2 bottles to gas.. Check
Gas connect and regulator...WTF

So looks like in the stress of packing the trailer I've left the gas connect and regulator back home. Hence I've 19l of camping brew than I'm unable to dispense!!

Can any locals recommend where I can pick a connect and reg up locally or even better have one I could borrow for a week I'll happily pay in beer!!

Cheers

Mate there is Longstocking brewery in Pambula, otherwise there is a brew shop in Cobargo.
If they can't help there is a brewing and fishing shop in Moruya that will have the goods.
I'm north of Moruya if that fails, good luck.

Undo the beer out post, remove its along with the beer dip tube.

Remove the pressure relief valve.

Pour beer manually from the keg to a glass from the beer out port.

Pratty1 said:
Undo the beer out post, remove its along with the beer dip tube.

Remove the pressure relief valve.

Pour beer manually from the keg to a glass from the beer out port.
Think of it as "Real Ale" in the bush.

Have not heard of any AHB people anywhere near Pambula. If you are planning a drive up the coast (I'm an hour and half north) give me a hoy.

I'm in Bermagui (just north of Bega) til early tomorrow afternoon, you can borrow my mini reg / two gas bulbs / tap if you like

Haha, thanks for all the advice!!! I think I'll just have to take back to melbs with me, I managed about 6 pints off it last night with the remaining gas but it's out now. I guess it will have to be megaswill for the rest of the week. On the plus side means I don't have to share it with my camping crew!!!

No need to drink mega swill.
Head to Longstocking Brewery at Oaklands.
Rob is a very friendly fella and likes talking to homebrewers, and can offer plenty of helpful advice.
Plus he makes very good beer.

Panic over, just went to get the fishing gear out and caught up in the reel was this baby.

The wife had put the reel in the trailer and it must have been attached!!

IMG_20170409_121436_crop_455x493.jpg

Back