Crown Lager Style Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeasty

Reaction score
Was going to do a brew for my uncle who wanted something like crown lager....

I was thing of using something like

1 can x coopers heritage lager

1 can x coopers light liquid malt

1x pack saflager w34/70

Anyone care to suggest anything (regards making it better / worse or using something else), feel free...

:beer:

That's a pretty safe bet. Just ferment low and try to get the freshest tins you can. Don't be afraid to rack, cold condition and age it a little - I found the Heritage gets a lot better with some age under it's belt.

Cheers - mIke

Hold on a minute I'm just getting comfortable!

Might need a raincoat for this one

OK, you can start now

Cheers

Plan on fermenting @ 12 deg again, and cold conditioning for a few weeks at minimum...

After this i'll be moving on to something more interesting like a choc stout...then hopefully full AG after then :D

I havent done this kit before, but I'd assume you'd want to throw in a small amount of hops (POR would suit the goal i guess) to balance the residual sweetness that comes from using extract in place of dextrose. probably not very much though if you're aiming for something like crown lager.

I havent done this kit before, but I'd assume you'd want to throw in a small amount of hops (POR would suit the goal i guess) to balance the residual sweetness that comes from using extract in place of dextrose. probably not very much though if you're aiming for something like crown lager.

It's actually not a bad kit. I wouldn't throw any hops in, or you might get aroma, or shock horror, flavour. Crown isn't known for either!

Thats my thinking mvzoom. From memory, it was rather lacking in flavour and bitterness...

Back