Crown Ambassador Reserve 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Econwatson

Reaction score
I was taking a look at Dan's and stumbled across this very reasonable lager.

http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_697055/crown-ambassador-reserve-2012-750ml

A steal at $95!

Now I'm kind of torn about it. I think it would be great if beer was viewed in a similar light to wine, but on the other hand $95 seems like a lot of money for a Crownie!

What do you guys think of it?

Apologies if this has been posted before!

What in the hell?!

I don't quite understand the idea of beer vintages. Doesn't beer go off? I thought you had to drink it within a period of time, it's not like wine!

This is a new idea to me, I don't think the idea of super-premium beer has been tried in the UK!

EDIT: After some reading, apparently higher gravity beers benefit from longer periods of ageing, who knew! (probably everybody except me :p )

I meet stinking rich bogans all the time, this must be aimed at them

tried this years, didnt think it was worth 90 bucks, it was nice but not that nice.

I've got a bottle of the 2010 aging at the moment.

Considering the "interesting" reviews I've seen about the 2010 and the possible brett infection I figure the longer I leave it the better chance the brett with develop and it will become enjoyable.

Brett can be beautiful young and horrible aged.
Then it can become good again.

I reckon you'd be better off buying 2 bottles of Murray's Anniversary Ale 7
mine got here on tuesday and i'm kicking myself i didn't buy a second bottle to try right now

i have a bottle of the 2009, it was given to me as a gift back then

should i drink this now or wait longer ?

any idea what it might be worth ?

When i bought my bottle of 2011, i was told some bloke had just sold his bottle of 2010 for $80
all accounts say wait at least 5 years
I've also heard tales of the 1st year bottles going for over $400

$95 for a Crownie.
I don't care what shape the ******* bottle is, it's still a Crownie.
Imagine how many superior beers you could get for $95.

carniebrew said:
even exxier...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CROWN-LAGER-AMBASSADOR-2010-Bottle-0025-/120609824185?pt=AU_BarwareCollectables&hash=item1c14e7ddb9

My son has been buying these - he has one from each of the last 3 or four years. At $500ish for a bottle bought for about $80 two years its almost an investment.

Personally I would rather spend the money on ingredients - make 20 odd litres of something awesome...

Brew your own
It gives you yhe recipe
The cheapest Lager malt, f#uck all crytal and some Galaxy Probally f# all too
Age in oak
Carb and bottle in wierd shaped bottles
Its a Crownie on really bad horse steriods
@ $95

Back