Craftbrewer Stock Update: Mashmaster Mill Hoppers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mothballs

Reaction score
Hi folks, it has been a long time coming but at long last we have received our shipment of the new Mashmaster Mill Hoppers https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1123 . They are the new aluminium design and they look awesome. Very sturdy construction and easily holds 5 kg of Ale or Pils base malt. They come flat packed with bolts and nuts included for assembly. After putting one together this morning I would say it would probably be a bit easier and faster to use a pop rivet gun for most of the assembly.

Cheers
Anthony

newhopper1.jpg

newhopper2.jpg

Mothballs said:
Hi folks, it has been a long time coming but at long last we have received our shipment of the new Mashmaster Mill Hoppers https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1123 . They are the new aluminium design and they look awesome. Very sturdy construction and easily holds 5 kg of Ale or Pils base malt. They come flat packed with bolts and nuts included for assembly. After putting one together this morning I would say it would probably be a bit easier and faster to use a pop rivet gun for most of the assembly.

Cheers
Anthony
Is that blue finish the protective plastic film - or are they actually blue?

Just the protective film. Thought it would be easier to leave it on to take photos without reflecting. The aluminium is standard shiny silver colour.

Mothballs said:
Just the protective film. Thought it would be easier to leave it on to take photos without reflecting. The aluminium is standard shiny silver colour.
Purchased.
Thanks guys.

I'll pick one up on my next visit for grains and whatnot methinks.. can finally stop using the perspex one which is half broken but still somehow manages to work. :lol:

My hopper made of coreflute & gaffa tape will kick the bucket eventually, so I suppose I'll get one of these.

Mothballs said:

Cheers
Anthony
Hi Anthony any chance u have some measurments of the hopper e.g height from mill and also the width of the top of the hopper?
Cheers

Mine arrived this morning & not too hard to put together.
Much better than my old broken perspex hopper that held about a kilo of grain.
This will make life a lot easier.
Thanks guys.

20160805_102250.jpg

Crusty said:
Mine arrived this morning & not too hard to put together.
Much better than my old broken perspex hopper that held about a kilo of grain.
This will make life a lot easier.
Thanks guys.

attachicon.gif
20160805_102250.jpg
Looks good, any chance to road test the mill yet? Interested to hear any reviews on the guide into the rollers and how well the feed works.

fdsaasdf said:
Looks good, any chance to road test the mill yet? Interested to hear any reviews on the guide into the rollers and how well the feed works.
It's fantastic ! the finger guard also works as the feeder. I love it. Could not be happier with it.

fishingbrad said:
It's fantastic ! the finger guard also works as the feeder. I love it. Could not be happier with it.
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

fdsaasdf said:
It feeds really well. Did a brew this morning & the hoppers awesome. Holds over 5kg of grain & I'm more than happy with mine.

I've got no nuts :huh:
That is - Got all the bolts and washers, but no nuts.
Anthony did mention that it'd be better with pop rivets so that's how I've put mine together.
No nuts or bolt heads for grain to catch on!

Dan2 said:
I've got no nuts :huh:
That is - Got all the bolts and washers, but no nuts.
Anthony did mention that it'd be better with pop rivets so that's how I've put mine together.
No nuts or bolt heads for grain to catch on!
Apologies Dan, we are checking every box now to make sure it doesn't happen again. Nuts & bolts are all sealed in 1 packet, so an error from the manufacturer.

Back