Craftbrewer Hoax!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alcoadam

Reaction score
If anyone that's on Craftbrewer's mailing list received an email this morning in relation to free postage, looks to me like a scam (non - Craftbrewer related)

The "broken english" was the first giveaway and when u click on the link, you are taken to a genuine looking webpage (except for the "craftbew" address). Dont hand over any money!!!

Watch out folks, Hope Ross has caught on.....

How about your forward him the email?

The scammer probably didn't send it to him...

...I did do that first.

And I'm sure Ross is up at the moment checking his online enquiries.

...I did do that first.

And I'm sure Ross is up at the moment checking his online enquiries.

I just put in an order with Craftbrewer and then I just got one of those emails and the lack of english skills is pretty suss.

I also got this email and thought it was a scam but the link now has no info at all.i asked the guys in my club but no one replied so I assume that they didn't get it. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Adz.

Just deleted the offending page & advised my IT guys.

Hopefully our new site is not too far away & we wont have to put up with scurillous attacks like this anymore.

Apologies to anyone that received the email.

cheers Ross

Lucky I came here to check it out!

It's on the front page of the craft brewer website. I went there from the bookmark in my browser. But it's even there when I follow the link from Ross' signature.

Not going to first login (Hare) :lol: :lol:

Sorry Brewers,

I'm pretty sure I know who's doing this & will be taking action if i can prove it! It's a personal attack on our business & the livelihood of our 9 employees, but some low lifes just don't give a f**k.

Apologies to all our great customers...

Ross & the Craftbrewer Team

Sorry Brewers,

I'm pretty sure I know who's doing this & will be taking action if i can prove it! It's a personal attack on our business & the livelihood of our 9 employees, but some low lifes just don't give a f**k.

Apologies to all our great customers...

Ross & the Craftbrewer Team

You saying this is coming within Australia? If so very nasty stuff!

Just shop the way I do - rock up unannounced and annoy Anthony and Ross for an hour. After an hour you can be fairly sure they're the real deal, even if they are a little seedy from the night before :)

I thought Ross was employing refugees from Christmas Island these days, hence the broken English in the emails :lol:

On a serious note, that sucks if there's a malicious intent from someone known to the business. Disgrunted staff or customer ? Either way, pretty bad form.

And where are those bloody brown pumps !? B)

CraftBrewer
Free shipping service for customers only 5$

To enhance customer convenience and reduce the cost of products , We decided make a contract with post company.Than based on a cost for every customers they subscribe to the mailing must be paid , thats free!every customers from 28 August 2012 to 10 September 2012 subscribe to mailing payments no need to payment post cost for 1 year!

To complete this payment you should first login to your account and return to this page and click on free shipping (pay now) :p

free shipping - (must be login first)

Regards

CraftBrewer Team (depleted).

I dont understand what everyone is concerned about. This seems totally legit :p

Just shop the way I do - rock up unannounced and annoy Anthony and Ross for an hour. After an hour you can be fairly sure they're the real deal, even if they are a little seedy from the night before :)

That's what I do, though they are usually fielding phone calls from these hoaxes :D

And that's hard to do when seedy and someone is asking for grain.

Goomba

just received the email also, good to hear ross is aware of it.

more to the point how did they get the mailing list to send it to us all.

more to the point how did they get the mailing list to send it to us all.

That's the biggest question. Someones not been malicious to the site as such, but has stolen sensitive information that specifically ties emails addresses to Craftbrewer. I sure hope they don't retain credit card information on the same server.

That's the biggest question. Someones not been malicious to the site as such, but has stolen sensitive information that specifically ties emails addresses to Craftbrewer. I sure hope they don't retain credit card information on the same server.

Or even passwords. Password re-use is a real issue

Isn't that dealt with by the payment gateway thingo? I don't think businesses hold CC info, do they?

Back