Craftbrewer font to replace pluto gun?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSwiller

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just been using a pluto gun with a KegKing S3 fridge for the last few weeks and although it works ok, i have had a problem twice with the gun leaking overnight and causing a mess.
I have been looking at alot of fonts locally and from O/S and just wanted some info from anyone who has the stainless ones that craftbrewer sell? Is the craftbrewer ones worth the extra money as opposed to other ones offered online?
I dont mind paying the money if the CB font is superior quality.

Was going to go the Perlicks 525SS or 545PC just not sure which yet..

Any help here would be great :)

Did you ever solve the problem with the leaking pluto gun?

Currently my pluto gun leaks and ive pulled it apart and cleaned it but still a bit of leaking in the fridge. It's a massive pain in the ass that Ive gone back to sample faucets. Its bloody hot in melbourne right now and the only beer I have on hand is in the keg now. I'm really thirsty.

Anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

Does it need new orings and spring (kit)?

Beerswiller said:
Hi All,

Just been using a pluto gun with a KegKing S3 fridge for the last few weeks and although it works ok, i have had a problem twice with the gun leaking overnight and causing a mess.
I have been looking at alot of fonts locally and from O/S and just wanted some info from anyone who has the stainless ones that craftbrewer sell? Is the craftbrewer ones worth the extra money as opposed to other ones offered online?
I dont mind paying the money if the CB font is superior quality.

Was going to go the Perlicks 525SS or 545PC just not sure which yet..

Any help here would be great :)
I believe that the font parts that Craftbrewer sell are generally a lot better quality than some of the chinese imports.
If I were you I would give Craftbrewer a call and have a chat to them.

I can't tell you first hand whether or not the Craftbrewer ones are worth the money per se over others but what I can tell you is they will do everything to make sure your setup is right.

If you get something and it's leaking they will help you fix it or replace the faulty part etc. Their business thrives on happy return customers.

Ross even talked me out of a sale the other day because he didn't think it was the best option (dumb ass! :lol: )

Best thing of all - their advice is free and very forthcoming. Just ask them.

Midnight Brew said:
Anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

Does it need new orings and spring (kit)?
I have a leaking pluton gun which I've retired. I found 3 problems with them:
1. Old worn/perished seals
2. Misalignment between the centre plunger and gun end, which can be caused by wear at the point it pivots. When it misalign sit doesn't form a neat seal and can lead to leaks.
3. Poor sealing between the o-ring and metal collar inside it

Somehow the small metal collar in it corroded and either wouldn't sit flat on the seal or would sit askew where it met with the spring. All of the above occurred so decided on a tap and haven't looked back.

You can buy service kits for them which have all seals and a spring. Not the collar though, which is what I needed. I thought craftbrewer used to have them but can't find them on the website.

Thanks for the feedback TheWiggman, I'll have another play around with it today and have a good look.

Back