Craft Beer On The Sunshine Coast Qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you enjoyed the Viven Sav.

Cantillon, hey? I have been contemplating getting in some lambics but I'm scared that I'll end up drinking most of them. It's a hard enough job getting people to try something that isn't XXXX, let alone something that doesn't really taste like beer (as they know it) and has fruit in it.

But you've asked, and now I will do my best to chase some.

Actually, one of the suppliers I'm currently going through is the Cantillon distributor so it shouldn't be a drama. Is there a particular one you'd like?

Thats awsome news.Prob Kreik ,Gueuze not fussy any would be nice.

Took a trip down to Caloundra today ... hoping to pick up some good beer - maybe a Cantillon, and ... Liquor Legends is closed!! About a week ago apparently.

Ah well, nice day for a drive and I picked up a MOA Methode (Pilsner) 1.5L from the Purple Palate at Maroochydore on the way back to Noosa.

i will be up at mooloolaba in april, apart from suny coast brewery any recommendations on bars etc.?

Sunshine Coast Brewery Bar in Maroochydore :D

Apart from that, not really, I always struggled to find a decent beer. I always drank my brews or had knock offs at the brewery bar, Across the road from SCB is the Pig and Whistle. Now, the Pig isn't really an attraction, but if you like Burleigh Breweries 'My Wifes Bitter' then head to the Pig. It's brewed for them and served as 'Spitfire IPA'. Not an IPA, but a decent bitter. $7 a pint. I used to stroll up there on afternoons off quite a lot.

In Mooloolaba there is one bar that serves Stone and Wood Pacific Ale on tap. Can't remember the name, but it was about halfway not the esplanade and upstairs. Not a bad bar.

Everything else is surf clubs and ALH pubs all serving the usual suspects.

BUMP - Heading up next week to the SS Coast. Any places to buy decent beer? Staying at Cotton Tree. Is the best I can hope for a Dan Murphys nearby?

im heading to caloundra for easter, any tips for bottlos or bars?
ive read about blackwater trading, black bunny, taps, beach house any others?
anyone tried these guys http://www.10toes.beer/ or your your mates brewing co.?

time01 said:
im heading to caloundra for easter, any tips for bottlos or bars?
ive read about blackwater trading, black bunny, taps, beach house any others?
anyone tried these guys http://www.10toes.beer/ or your your mates brewing co.?
Drift Bar overlooking the Pumicestone Passage at Bulcock Beach is pretty good. They have a reasonable range of beers and I think Your Mates Brewing is (part?)owned by one of the blokes there.

Blackwater have their own nano-brewery on premises and Matt, the owner, is very passionate about craft beer. That's at Moffat Beach, you'll struggle to leave once you're there.

10toes is at Sugar Road, Alexandra Headland. Haven't been there for a beer yet, but went there to pick up some grain in a recent bulk buy, just before he opened and it looks pretty good. In my dealings with the owner, Rupert, he comes across as knowledgeable and passionate brewer. He's also a member of this forum.

Enjoy your stay.

Looking forward to going to 10 toes for the first time myself over Easter, been hearing some good things.
Will vouch for the black bunny with excellent and extensive tap and bottle selection, but they may still not have take always available. Taps has good food but the selection can be hit and miss. Cellabrations on wises Rd has a small but top notch range or there is the purple palate up Maleny, enjoy your stay!

Add star liquor on aerodrome Rd to your list, just stopped by after dropping a rental at Hertz, range looks good.

We're off to a holiday house in Coolum Beach later this week. Any tips locals can offer would be appreciated.

For a meal, Sunrise Café looks good http://www.sunrisecoolum.com.au/menus.html. Anyone been there ? Reviews and menus are promising.

As for beer, a decent bottle shop and/or bar is needed. I see Coolum Beach brewery is fairly new, brewing in conjunction with Beard and Brau brewery. I can only see a Steam ale available from them though. Any good ?

Cheers in advance.

Dan

unsure about coolum - but to add to the bottle shops above - XO Cellars at sunshine beach & noosa if you end up heading that way. it's a nice drive from Coolum either way.

I believe Coolum beach brewery is closed? They were trying to sell the business a while back

I'll have a casual look at CB brewery then (if it's there), but Bonsai will be a better bet, I think. It's only 34 mins from where we're staying too.

Cheers, Dan

10toes website looks exciting... didn't realise there were so many brewery's on the sunny coast. I thought it was Sunshine Coast Brewery and that's it.

I want to support SC brewery, but I can't bring myself to pay $18 for a four pack!

I give Ten Toes two thumbs up. I really enjoy his beers, there is a wood fire pizza van there on Fri arvos if you're keen for a feed. Rupert is also a top bloke for beer chat when it's not busy. Pretty sure 'Taps' at Mooloolaba has his pale ale there

Danwood said:
I'll have a casual look at CB brewery then (if it's there), but Bonsai will be a better bet, I think. It's only 34 mins from where we're staying too.

Cheers, Dan
Give me ahoy when Dan, if I'm not away working I'll met you there for a couple. :beer:

Ok, mate. I'll try and give you a bit of notice.

The itinerary isn't decided yet

11z2h6.jpg

Back