Craft Beer Establishment in Western Sydney?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stux

Hacienda Brewhaus
Reaction score
So, I want to take a few friends/family to a nice Craft Beer establishment, you know, like the Local Taphouse, or Harts Pub...

But as so many people are from the Mountains or Western Sydney, I was hoping that there was actually somewhere that wasn't inner city :)

Any ideas?

Riverside ... dave may even give you a look at his butt crack ...

The Markets Hotel on Parramatta Rd in Flemington had an in-house brewery called Paddy's that made some nice beers. I did hear that they had closed the brewery down, however there is still mention of it on their website.

/// said:
I drive past riverside everyday wishing it was a brewpub. They're only open Friday afternoons and Saturdays for tastings. Well worth a look, just make sure you take a growler or 2 if you do stop in there

The Australian brewery is in rouse hill. They are a brew pub. Went once. Wouldn't be crash hot on it as a pub but good brews and food is meant to be good enough.

/// said:
I thought Riverside only did brewing? Love their stuff, and would be great location in Parramatta :)

mosto said:
The Markets Hotel on Parramatta Rd in Flemington had an in-house brewery called Paddy's that made some nice beers. I did hear that they had closed the brewery down, however there is still mention of it on their website.
I just called them :)

They insist they're still in business ;)

dave doran said:
The Australian brewery is in rouse hill. They are a brew pub. Went once. Wouldn't be crash hot on it as a pub but good brews and food is meant to be good enough.
I like the idea of a brewery tour too :)

It says on their website they're a DME brewery... so no actual mashing?

Stux said:
I thought Riverside only did brewing? Love their stuff, and would be great location in Parramatta :)
They do cellar door tastings. Like them on Facebook for updates on their limited releases etc.

(Admittedly I haven't been there)

There's a little brewey and bar at Erskine Park called Underground Brewey - http://www.undergroundbar.com.au/bar-beer.html

I haven't been in there for quite a while but the beers were ok. The wood fired pizza place attached to the bar served good food too.

cheers

nifty

Stux said:
I like the idea of a brewery tour too :)

It says on their website they're a DME brewery... so no actual mashing?
DME is the manufacturer of the equipment. The new brewery in Newstead in Brisbane has equipment from the same company (http://www.dmeinternational.com/brewing/).

Confusing for us brewers though.

1. DME is a Canadian equipment manufacturer.

2. Paddys at Flemington Mkts has never really been the same since Gerard Meares left.

3. Station Bar at Katoomaba is pretty good. Run a floating selection of beers - Young Henrys, Riverside, Moo Brew, Little Creatures specials, Two Birds etc etc, plus a cider or two, and Carlton Draught for the perplexed. Also have a hand pump. The pizzas are good (go the Mt Vic), and so is the whisky selection. Sensible prices.

Pat

Stux said:
I just called them :)

They insist they're still in business ;)
it's strange that they have told the last two brewers that they were stopping due to it being not viable financially any more then two weeks later they have a new brewer.
Worse than the fly by night brewers in my opinion

Pat Casey said:
1. DME is a Canadian equipment manufacturer.

2. Paddys at Flemington Mkts has never really been the same since Gerard Meares left.

3. Station Bar at Katoomaba is pretty good. Run a floating selection of beers - Young Henrys, Riverside, Moo Brew, Little Creatures specials, Two Birds etc etc, plus a cider or two, and Carlton Draught for the perplexed. Also have a hand pump. The pizzas are good (go the Mt Vic), and so is the whisky selection. Sensible prices.

Pat
I don't suppose you know of anywhere near parramatta?

Pat Casey said:
1. DME is a Canadian equipment manufacturer.2. Paddys at Flemington Mkts has never really been the same since Gerard Meares left.3. Station Bar at Katoomaba is pretty good. Run a floating selection of beers - Young Henrys, Riverside, Moo Brew, Little Creatures specials, Two Birds etc etc, plus a cider or two, and Carlton Draught for the perplexed. Also have a hand pump. The pizzas are good (go the Mt Vic), and so is the whisky selection. Sensible prices.Pat
Station bar looks like a winner. Will try to book

nifty said:
There's a little brewey and bar at Erskine Park called Underground Brewey - http://www.undergroundbar.com.au/bar-beer.html

I haven't been in there for quite a while but the beers were ok. The wood fired pizza place attached to the bar served good food too.

cheers

nifty

Judging by Gumtree, I'm guessing this place is for sale.

$570,000 seems a bit much!

Back