Craft Beer Crusaders - Ch 31 - April 30

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for that. By the way, as much as I like what you're calling me..."Beer God" is actually a categorisation the AHB site gives me based on the number of posts i've made. My actual posting name is just a bit above that..."CarnieBrew".

Craft Beer Crusader said:
Hi Beer God, we agree about giving more info on the beers & we learnt from episode 1 after we saw rough edits from when it was filmed last year. Newer episodes yet to air are much better at covering flavours & aromas etc.. with True south they wanted us to focus on the food & show it can match beer. If you've not been there you should give the food/beer pairing there a go. Great food & great beer :) well worth a trip down there
FYI, Beer God left here around 3 years ago.

Great work guys. I'm in Hampton so it was like seeing a tour of my own backyard. Nice to see 2 brothers in there as well, did that tour with my old man, had a great night there with the beers and pizzas, top notch. That backyard brewery in Brighton was incredible, didn't think something like that could even exist. Anyway good to see you guys having a crack, we need as much coverage on craft beer as possible!
keep at it

you will always get the critics on how tv program's should be.for your first go i thought it was good,and will be watching the next episode..

for those who don't know much about blackheart brewery here is the link

I thought the show was good for a first episode. Think the 2 hosts were more relaxed as the moved on to next brewery (maybe due to beer they had consumed). Also interesting to see the tour of Two Brothers and the brewing process semi explained.

I actually liked the True South segment too - something more than just beer was discussed (ie matching foods and beers). Will be watching again.

Enjoyed it - I agree with most it could have been a bit more informative about craft beer rather than comments like "mmm nice and hoppy"

IMHO It would be a great medium to 'educate' people about how to taste and evaluate, describe a beer etc.

Cant say I thought the mime/charade at the brewery tour to be all that funny

Craft Beer Crusader said:
Oh & remember we are just two guys doing a show with no money so we're doing our best :)
True - but you dont need money to be funny.

Overall - good effort. I am looking forward to next week

WarmBeer said:
FYI, Beer God left here around 3 years ago.
Still the funniest thread in my AHB history.

Will be watching the full episode tonight, before the Rabbitohs smash the bronc broncs, the five or so minutes i have watched looked ok.

As a film producer, all I can say is well done and keep going :D :D

*whispers to CBC* Start making some appointments with commissioning editors, I think you are on a winning formula :super:

Dars183 said:
As a film producer, all I can say is well done and keep going :D :D

*whispers to CBC* Start making some appointments with commissioning editors, I think you are on a winning formula :super:
Hi Dars183 thanks for your kind words :) we have some big plans in the pipeline already to do a second series & a few other interesting little projects.

Watch this space because we will be sure to post the new happenings here for all to see

Let us know if you need a substitute and/or extra host some time. :ph34r:

Any of you tech heads know how to watch this on iPad?

When I click on the video at channel 31 web page it ask me what I would like to open it with. Then just plays the ad for the show?

Wolfman said:
Any of you tech heads know how to watch this on iPad?
Have a search for iOS browsers that will play flash (search terms "ipad browser flash" should get you there). I know there's a few floating around but can't recommend any from experience so won't.

Nice one fellas. Always good to get the word out and spread the knowledge about committed and passionate people making beer they're proud of. I'll be watching for the next episodes.
If anyone's keen to see a similar take from the other side of the ditch check out http://nzcraftbeer.tv/

Wolfman said:
When I click on the video at channel 31 web page it ask me what I would like to open it with. Then just plays the ad for the show?
the episode begins after the ad finishes. weird i know but that's how they roll at Ch31...

Latest posts

Back