CPBF stem too long

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
I brought this CPBF from Kegland and tried to use it tonight but the stem is too long for small bottles or even Grolsch bottles.
If I move the rubber stopper down it doesnt seal as its internal hole diameter is wide enough to suit the top tube. To be honest I cant see what the point of the top tube is anyway. It connects up with a compression fitting but has no real purpose.

So are you supposed to cut the narrower tube to make it shorter? Only bottle 750ml bottles?

Other than that it worked great.

3225C1DF-5091-4E36-9540-3A749F695A6A.jpg

Great looking stand.

Asked and answered on the KL thread. Page 26 of 100+. Too bad most of the content is people bashing each other rather than contributing useful info.

Yes that is correct, if you are using this on shorter bottles you need to cut the stem down a bit.

Great looking stand.

Asked and answered on the KL thread. Page 26 of 100+. Too bad most of the content is people bashing each other rather than contributing useful info.
Cheers for that mate. Thats exactly why I gave up on that thread. So appreciate the mention of the page number.

Do you need to chill your bottles before filling them?

Latest posts

Back