Couple of brews down on the weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdupagne

Reaction score
Put a couple of brews down on the weekend LCPA and S&W pacific ale. Both sitting in the fermenter fridge at 19 degrees. Dry hopped the LCPA with 12 g of cascade last night and plan on dry hopping the S&W Thursday which will be day 11 of a 14 day ferment. It is already sitting at 1011 down from 1052.
Anyone had any experience with these recipes? ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1471347345.495824.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1471347376.916839.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1471347411.317871.jpg

Tomorrow is keg day for these 2 brews both down to 1010 for the last 4 days.

At that point I'd cold crash at 2c for another 4 days and maybe dry hop. Then keg once the beer has cleared up.

Looks pretty good...

I don't mind the Mexican cerveza, used it a few times to make a session passion fruit cerveza....

1 coopers Mexican tin
1 kg of light dry malt
200grams of dex
200g of carapills steeped for approx 1/2 an hour in 3 ltrs of boiled water.
25grams of galaxy boiled in the drained grain water for 10 mins
US05 yeast
20lt water
Ferment at 18c for 14 days, then CC for 4 days...

Always gets drank pretty fast...

malt junkie said:
At that point I'd cold crash at 2c for another 4 days and maybe dry hop. Then keg once the beer has cleared up.
only issue I have cold crashing is I use Dex to carbonate. Cold crashing could potentially kill the yeast??

ChefKing said:
Looks pretty good...

I don't mind the Mexican cerveza, used it a few times to make a session passion fruit cerveza....

1 coopers Mexican tin
1 kg of light dry malt
200grams of dex
200g of carapills steeped for approx 1/2 an hour in 3 ltrs of boiled water.
25grams of galaxy boiled in the drained grain water for 10 mins
US05 yeast
20lt water
Ferment at 18c for 14 days, then CC for 4 days...

Always gets drank pretty fast...
sounds good might have to. Give that a go

Have these beers been tasted yet? Excited to hear how the pacific ale turned out

JFergz said:
Have these beers been tasted yet? Excited to hear how the pacific ale turned out
Just realised the dates lol be very keen to here how they turned out when they're ready to crack the top off!

Just poured my first S&W pacific ale tonight. So happy with how it turned out. Passion fruit on the nose and tastes fantastic. This will be a summer staple on tap in my bar that's for sure

Little creatures to go on tap in the coming week. Stay tuned

I'm gonna have a go at the s&w just finished a keg of the same but different ingredient turned out spot on! Keen to compare the two

Little creatures tapped, not bad but there is something in the background. Has quite an alcohol taste. Will keep tasting over the coming weeks to see if it improves

JFergz said:
I'm gonna have a go at the s&w just finished a keg of the same but different ingredient turned out spot on! Keen to compare the two
what was the other recipe

Back