Counterpressure Bottle Filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
For some reason I've been filling a few bottles from my keg lately, and it is quite messy.
I have found this article that describes building a cheap Counterpressure filler. I'm going to give it a go when I get a spare couple of hours over the ANZAC or Easter long weekends.

Cheers,
Doc

poor_man_filler.jpg

I have used the ready-made professionally constructed counter-pressure bottle filler before, and found it nearly impossible to use. These days I bring my bottles down to the same temperature as the keg and fill them with a beer gun with a little bit of 12mm hose attached to the end of it. I get much better results that way.

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

Pete,

That is similar to what I've been doing too.
I like the look of the one that I posted as it doesn't have a lot of complicated expensive parts etc, and may limit oxidation. All the parts it uses I pretty much already have.

For a more complicated one check out this link.

Cheers,
Doc

Been thinking about actually getting around to this again, with hopefully summer coming along soon.

I've attached another version that I found here.

Beers,
Doc

CounterTopPressureFiller.jpg

As per the previous posts in this topic I've been planning on building a CPBF for sometime.
However I'm starting to get badgered about ideas for xmas presents, and
after filling a couple of bottles from a keg at the weekend I'm
thinking Counter Pressure Bottle Filler.

There appear to be two models available in Oz.
ESB sell one for $135

Grain and Grape sell the Phils Philler for $89

Can anyone provide any recommendations or any other CPBF's available
in Oz?

Beers,
Doc

ask Jayse doc he got a home made counter pressure filler

any body considered a co2 pressured humidicrib style of gadget with mt bottles and a pluto gun and capper inside it?

mine is pretty over the top not your standard c.p.f.
one of the valves inside would be worth more than any counter pressure filler you could buy and theres three.
it works the same way as the usuall c.p.f.it just has many many bells and whistle.why you ask because we can.

sorry doc don't know anything about buying them here.that one above was what i was gunna build.i ended up leaving it to randy to build and this is what he came up with.imagine me expecting a few valves and a metal tube like the pic above.but i end up with the worlds greatest home brewers c.p.f.

bottle_filler004.jpg

Back