Counter Pressure Bottle Filler . Tell Me More ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
OK so today I went off to a barbie , filled my 6 pack of Grolsch bottles from my keg , tap on the fridge.
Well this works OK but foams up and takes a while , what's the story with a counter pressure filler ?
Is this what they are used for?
Anyone made one?
Cheers batz

gday batz
jayse has made one with all the bells and whistles on it and i know doc has posted some info on them.seem to be the ducks guts.outa the keg and into the bottles of choice.

cheers big d B)

ps im lazy i just buy coopers to take out to get togethers.

me too
Time for a change !
Tell us Jayse and Doc

Reading the threads on this seems as I thought , chill the bottles , use a low pouring pressure
There ya go !
:lol:

I've posted several plans to build your own CPBF on the board here See topic here.

Have been meaning to build one for ages, but never got to it.

Anyway last week I ordered a commercial version that will be a xmas present (so I can't open it until xmas :angry: ).

Should cut down on the mess when I want to fill bottles.

Beers,
Doc

Well you will have to tell us (after Xmas) what it is like
Iam getting a Valley Mill :D

my bottle filler is a gadget and a half not your normal filler. it would cost around $500 if you could buy one anywhere.

anyway it rocks.

bottle_filler005.jpg

mmmmmmmm
Sure it is nice jayse , what does it do ?

Woohooo, mine arrived today.
Now I've got to hold off on using it until xmas.

Well, I'll have to at least put it together to make sure all the parts are there right :D :lol:

Doc

And maybe take a piccy and post it here ?
Before it gets wrapped up that is :rolleyes:

Doc

Where did you get your commercial CPBF, and
how much did it cost you.

ken
check out the eastern suburbs brewing site under equipment.they have them for $135.
dont know if this is where doc got his from but it gives you an idea anyway.

filler_sml.jpg

Mine is the Listerman Counter Philler.

Checkout this topic that has the links etc.

Price was AU$89 from Grain and Grape in Melbourne + shipping.

I haven't used it yet as it is a xmas present (so I can't use it until xmas) 12:01am on the 25th is Xmas isn't it ? :p :p

Beers,
Doc

just tell the giver of the present that it should be tested, so if faulty, it can be returned before xmas.

its worked for me before.

cheers
crackers

Hooked up my new CPBF (Phils Counter Pressure Philler) last night and gave it a go.
First bottle filled rather slowly and so I up'd the pressure then my hand slipped and I had a fountain :D
Luckily I planned for it and had some towels down. Phew. The missus was laughing.
Second bottle worked like a charm. Fantastic. Filled pretty quick, no mess, no loss of carbonation, no frothing.
Didn't take any photos but will next time.

Beers,
Doc

Here's a pic of my homemade CPBF. I started out making one out of brass but decided later I wanted to upgrade to a Stainless Steel one.
All up it cost about $80, not including the bleed valve setup.

Hoops

SSCPBF.JPG

I don't even know what the f*ck that is.... but damn its impressive. :D

As the title suggests it's a Counter Pressure Bottle Filler.
It is a device to fill bottles from your keg, without losing any carbonation.
Now I can go into mass production :lol:

Yep made mine out of brass cost me about $50 including all the ball valves. How much did the SS tubing cost you? I'm amzaed it only cost you $80 to make?

Wedge
SS tubing cost me about $30 for 6m (they had no offcuts) so I had to buy a 6m length, but I have plans for some of it already.

Back