Correct Beer Line Length

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Spiesy,
Any particular reason you're changing from pin lock to ball lock?
Can't really help with your question sorry, I use the line that came with it & have never altered the length, perfect pour about 80% of the time

No problem... make them about 500mm longer and trim back until it pours how you want.

Hi Spiesy,
Any particular reason you're changing from pin lock to ball lock?
Can't really help with your question sorry, I use the line that came with it & have never altered the length, perfect pour about 80% of the time
Hey breakbeer,

Yeah, changing for a number of reasons - the main one being that only 2 x shorter, wider pin lock kegs will fit into the fridge, as opposed to the taller, thinner ball locks (I still have to actually try this out). The other reason is less important, but my mates use ball lock, so we can interchange kegs of beer.

Bit of a shame really, as I like the pin lock posts - it's more the size of the kegs. I have a dual tap font, but I want to have one keg carbing up and conditioning at all times.

If your getting a sweet pour atm, then how is it an upgrade? Just because the new line is a brand name?

I'd be going with your own advice, or it'll never be as good as it was and you'll forever curse yourself for changing it.
Yeah, I know... but as I said - I have better line there that I'd paid for and thought I might as well use it, and no better time than now.

It is a dilemma though, as I'd hate to f*** it all up, and judging by the mixed replies, and mixed data I've found online - the chances are high. Maybe I'll leave it alone.

EDIT: nothing to do with the "brand name" line mate. It's just better quality line. The current lines (that were supplied by KegKing) split when the Kegerator was new - beer went everywhere, so I bought the FlexMaster with plans of replacing all the inferior line... just never got round to it.

Hey breakbeer,

Yeah, changing for a number of reasons - the main one being that only 2 x shorter, wider pin lock kegs will fit into the fridge, as opposed to the taller, thinner ball locks (I still have to actually try this out). The other reason is less important, but my mates use ball lock, so we can interchange kegs of beer.

Bit of a shame really, as I like the pin lock posts - it's more the size of the kegs. I have a dual tap font, but I want to have one keg carbing up and conditioning at all times.

aahhh, the penny drops. I was a bit pissed when I discovered I could only fit 2 kegs when they said it could fit 3 (and I've seen pictures of 3 inside). Didn't realise there was a difference in shape between the two

tell me about it, mate.

actually - no need to. I'm there with you already.

I have a series 4 and the guy at the shop only made my beer lines 1 meter long. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, is this going to pour too fast?

Line length would not matter as much if the kegerator has flow control taps, but without flow control taps 2-3m would best suit,its all about
balancing your co2 pressure with keeping carbonation in the keg and flow rate through the tap so there isn't too much foam,i find too much
foam usually pours the first glass.I keep my co2 pressure at 80KPA and have Perlick flow control taps but my font is higher than a kegerator
fridge,line length around 2.5m.

Line length would not matter as much if the kegerator has flow control taps, but without flow control taps 2-3m would best suit,its all about
balancing your co2 pressure with keeping carbonation in the keg and flow rate through the tap so there isn't too much foam,i find too much
foam usually pours the first glass.I keep my co2 pressure at 80KPA and have Perlick flow control taps but my font is higher than a kegerator
fridge,line length around 2.5m.
i have between 4-5meters of 5mm ID hose with a intertap flow control and get foam all the time. using about 12PSI. when i make a whear beer becomes unbearable cause i need to increase psi and the extra protein.

Latest posts

Back