Corona Lagering - Final stages.... what to do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Ive had a corona style beer experiment lagering in the fermentation fridge for the last 3 weeks at 2 degrees....
It was in the primary at 12 for two weeks before that.

I figured I would bottle / keg it today, is there anything I should be doping with it before I do?
I mean, do I have to bring it slowly up to room temp or anything before I take it out of the fermenter?

Cheers!

Some Polyclar then keg in a couple more days would be insurance against chill haze, otherwise you should just put on a poncho and run around singing "Arriba, Arriba, andere andere" and keg / bottle cold. B)

MrGibbon said:
, is there anything I should be doping with it before I do?
First cycling, swimming, AFL and now homebrewing? It's a crying shame.

No need too bring to room temp.

yeah, readings are still up around 1016, might wait another week before kegging / bottling....

MrGibbon said:
yeah, readings are still up around 1016, might wait another week before kegging / bottling....
So you suspect this isn't FG? I don't know your recipe or process but I would expect a mex cervesa style to go lower than that too. Why did you start lagering before she was done? FG won't drop further at 2C. Proceed with caution, prime very much on the low side, store away from anyone or anything you value.

In this case - yes warm it up, get it fermenting again, wait till you reach FG then lager again.

Why are you lagering before hitting FG?

yeah, prob a beginners mistake, I will take it back to the 12 degrees I started it on then and when it gets back to 1012 I'll lager for another week at 2 degrees unless there is a better way of saving this!

Thanks

What yeast? I would rasie it up higher than 12deg maybe even 18deg to really finish it off over a 2 or 3 days and go from there.

cheers

was a d-rest performed? even if it wasn't needed (for diacetyl reasons), it may have shaved off a few gravity points.

SAFlager S-23 yeast was used.

and I don't know what a d-rest is, so no :)

S 23 is Ok at 18 heat it up for a few days then CC it

Cheers.

Back